Possible to edit previously posted Byte?

I’d like to be able to edit the category of a selected Byte, possibly edit the music/sound, or even change the specific loop originally chosen (when Byte is longer than 6 seconds). Any information available about this?

4 Likes

They should add this along with the ability to edit captions

2 Likes

I think it could easily be abused. I don’t think it’d be great to have people’s likes on content that can easily change to a different message. I think a better option is carefully choosing the first time around. There’s no rush when posting so it shouldn’t be much trouble.

2 Likes

That’s futuristic and that’s probably long term goals…

Unfortunately once it’s posted, it’s posted. You could re-upload though.

2 Likes

I never thought about that…thanks for your quick response!

True… I was thinking more about having posted to the wrong category, or misspelling a word ( my smarty pants phone likes to change words on me when I’m not looking…) lol!

1 Like

I’ve been wanting for an edit feature to the captions since Byte started lol. In fact it was the only reason why I signed up for the forums, so I could request that to be implemented.

1 Like

in regards to categorization- a few years back, instagram was rumored to penalize posts algorithmically when you edited your hashtags or caption after posting. If it’s true, it’s to prevent hashtag [categorization] abuse/ double dipping efforts. I feel like the byte team wouldn’t allow categorization changes for similar reasons.

3 Likes

Well, let’s see how it pans out…:blush:

I guess those posts I made prior to the category being created will just have to stay in place…:open_mouth:

Yeah, editing captions is one of my most wanted features.

1 Like