📵: Popular Byters Rebyte Popular Byters

Hey, I get it… y’all want the good stuff and who could blame you? I Rebyte people I like or when I think a Byte deserves more attention myself, so I’m not suggesting anyone not do the Rebyte thing. But when you dominate the Pop Pages/Categories and then follow that up with massive Rebytes of one another … it makes me want a Block Rebytes option for your account or to just unfollow you because I don’t need to see a Byte I’ve already been force fed a half dozen times. #JustSayin Maybe @dom will give us that Block Rebytes button. I’m suggesting that if you and your group are already all over the place, give us a break … we liked it the 1st time but it’s annoying the 6th, get it?
Thanks

27 Likes

on my home page, i had to scroll past 22 bytes from people i wasn’t following. 18 of those rebytes were done by one person. it’s frustrating that i can’t easily watch the content from people i actually follow. looking forward to the block rebyte option :sweat_smile:

28 Likes

I’m all for this option!! I can barely keep up with these huge rebyte groups… your feed ain’t even who you follow anymore :joy::joy:

15 Likes

Yea, same. The “Turn Off Rebytes” feature can’t come soon enough, I miss so many videos from the people I actually follow because of all the r4r stuff cluttering up my timeline. I’ve started unfollowing them.

16 Likes

This is what I’m sayin… it’s like being hijacked by A Clockwork Orange crew.

7 Likes

Sad but that’s the only solution at the moment… don’t even get me started on the OverByters … that’s a whole other thing.

8 Likes

Yeah I feel this, a lot of the stuff rebyted is for the sake of being rebyted back so it’s no always good content either… :frowning:

5 Likes

I always rebyte @lasertag tho because his content is amazing :white_heart:

2 Likes

Personally I try to rebyte a variety- if I think a post deserves more attention than its getting. Really want to get some of the less noticed creators exposure so I try to focus on that. Probably been doing too many but like this morning I’ve done 8 rebytes across a 3-4 hour period because I saw a lot of good posts. Hopefully the new algorithm can solve things for our feeds!

8 Likes

What a cutie! I always rebyte @Jkarstadt because he’s a taekwondo champion and could cause me some serious physical damage :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I follow maybe five people for that very reason. Its aggravating to see your page spammed to high hell. But Dom and the team are working to fix it as fast as possible.

2 Likes

I’ve said this before but the rebyte function has slowly developed a negative connotation to it as well. I rebyted a post from a “big byter” and immediately lost followers, even though I actually found the post funny and worth sharing.

5 Likes

Thats why I suggested rebytes be made to be seen only by the person who rebyted it. Atleast til they implement the new system.

The more I think about it, the more I like a limited number of rebytes per day or a cool down period.

1 Like

Aw crap is this post about me

6 Likes

You have let down the Slytherins, Brendan. 50 points taken :angry:

4 Likes

Hahaha DANG IT!!! :joy:

2 Likes

You’re one of my favorites Brendan, are you thinking you might be doing a lot of Rebytes of Popular Byters that we already follow or see Trending ?

3 Likes

Well I try to rebyte no more than once or twice a day, but I usually rebyte stuff that’s underrated and underseen, or collabs. But that means if I collab with Austin and Dennis (snackteam), then we’re all posting or rebyting the same videos. I never considered that maybe that means people end up seeing our videos an annoying amount of times haha

5 Likes

Sounds like you got a handle on it. Naturally you’re gonna Rebyte a collab and if you’re only doin one or so per day … but if you’re pounding away like Byte was a beachhead and you and your platoon are going to blanket the coastline… it’s that shit I’m talking about.

4 Likes