“Popular byters” abusing rebyte option

All I see is the same creators in the popular now page. It kinda sucks. And most of them are using bots too. Like I posted some thing and a “popular” Creator likes it right away. Idk I know they are working on it but it sucks :frowning:

9 Likes

I think for stuff like this you’d be best to email community@byte.co

4 Likes

@ we know who group

2 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

It’s an infinite circle that goes round and around right?

3 Likes

Yes this is true :frowning:

4 Likes

Will Popular byters will probably bail once the app isn’t up to 10 million people big by next week? Time will tell

:smile: I doubt it, the app has only been public for 3 days. There’s another wave coming.

10 Likes

You’re probably right :thinking:

You’re right, tho. It seems a lot of Byte so far is just reposting popular old vines, or the people who were in Beta. Original content is overshadowed by the lack of a streamlined algorithm and a hashtag system. Hopefully, this isn’t the case in these coming weeks.

7 Likes

I have a good feeling about this whole upcoming month! Positive vibes ! Byte is awesome :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Yeah I really feel that followers can’t really see the content of the people they followed for because their feeds are flooded with rebytes

1 Like

I’ve been wondering if the option to hide rebytes from your feed would help. Rebytes are an important tool for discovering new creators you might like, and for that reason I don’t want to avoid them.

But at this point I’m considering unfollowing people in rebyte groups because I’m getting ALL of the content of creators that I know about and purposefully chose not to follow. It’s like I’m following them anyways because the “group” rebytes everything they do.

8 Likes

The popular now algorithm is changing today which will help cut down on rebyte groups. And if you don’t want to see certain creators I would just block them

5 Likes