Please don't add this

Please, at this point byte feels like tiktok but with a skin. What happened to the byte the beta testers waited 2 years for? The one that had loops. Not seconds. The one that actually felt like another app, looking back at the prototypes, i’d rather have a unique experience, compared to kroger brand tiktok. adding this will just ruin the magic of byte even more. I’m sorry, I just don’t want another tiktok rip off. i wanted byte to be it’s own thing, but the team is slowly giving in, more and more, until it’s the same app, with a different name. but please, don’t just copy tiktok, make something unique, don’t just listen to the tiktok immigrants. stand out, be different. i don’t even know what im typing, i’m just so sad at what the app is becoming. the 16 second videos are fine, please don’t go past that. thank you.

6 Likes

the app has a lot of unique features and people want a longer time limit lol

9 Likes

Might as well call this app Tiktok 2 lol

1 Like

Exactly :pensive: tiktok features dosent equal tiktok. they have a lot of room to differentiate

2 Likes

true, but they aren’t working on many unique features and are just basically cloning tiktok rn.

2 Likes

Why do we keep insisting on fighting progression…

6 Likes

They are adding features that people expect from a short-form video app in 2020.

5 Likes

but like- people want them lol. plus they have a difference. with a lot of the features

Same features, different vibe

Right… time to argue some more…

HA ODHSODNDIEBSUEISBSJSH :grin:

1 Like

not saying that, just saying byte needs to focus more on unique features instead of just all generic features all at once, to make it stand out lol

1 Like

“extreme profile customization” they’re probably cloning myspace too.

7 Likes

anime mode is just copying anime

2 Likes

Honestly, I wouldn’t be opposed to adding more time as long as we had a way to filter our feeds with how much time we want. Right now the biggest opposition to the feature is with viewers, so let the viewers decide how long of videos they want to see :woman_shrugging:

I have no interest in seeing longer videos for the most part, but like it or not, the TikTok migrants are now a huge fraction of the userbase, and byte can’t afford to lose them.

3 Likes

This ab to turn into Byte isn’t Vine, it’s Tik Tok! Thread pt2

When you build a house do you start with the roof or the foundation?

1 Like

“dont add a longer time limit” im sorry, but i dont really think a time limit defines our app. longer videos is also not a defining feature of tiktok either. might as well say we’re instagram if you think its copying tiktok. I said this when people complained about bytes moving from 6 seconds to 8 seconds, and 8 seconds to 16 seconds. A LOT of people complained, and they complained A LOT. Even before it happened. And now people are on the app, uploading longer videos and loving it. I think its a slap to the teams face to tell them that we know more about their app than they do. Also, the team adding a longer time limit doesnt mean they’ve forgotten other features. Just in the past month we’ve had SOOO many features.

12 Likes

The issue is that byte was marketed as a vine comeback at first/towards vine users, then all the creators said screw them let’s just make this into a tiktok clone. Maybe they should have specified at the start that was their main goal.

2 Likes

i know, but i feel like, if the team added features that are elsewhere slower, but focused mainly on unique features, that would be better than now, at least we would have time to get used to it and the app would be shaped better and stand out more

1 Like

at first, yes. it was marketed as vine. but that was 2+ years ago. A LOT changes in two years. They cant predict the future lol

5 Likes