Playlist Mode

There have been a lot of other topics covering playlist features, but I think this implementation is novel enough to make its own topic.

As someone who has many different interests, I would like to be able to post different kinds of content without worrying about not presenting a consistent brand. It’s easy to say just be yourself, but we all know @ThinkFact as a creator who presents facts, usually with a split screen of themselves and a visual associated with the fact, and they are numbered. Clearly there is consistency and that consistency is comfortable for viewers. I have personally found myself being thrown off by seeing a byte that doesn’t fit with a creator’s usual content. On vine I would see creators that would create separate accounts to portray different characters.

So the point is, I would like to present Playlist Mode. This allows a user to follow a certain kind of content from a creator rather than a creator themselves. These playlists could be generated based on the first hashtag in the caption, or all hashtags. It could be implemented in a way that doesn’t use hashtags at all, but I thought this way would be easiest on the developers and make hashtags more useful.
Voila

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

10 Likes

This is actually really creative thinking. I personally would like this because I want to post daily, but that’s hard to do if I can only stick to my one specific “style.” As a creator, this would be useful because I can post about things I am actually interested in more often and as a viewer, this would be nice because I can decide what I like best about the creators I follow. Playlist mode is a great idea!

3 Likes

Ohh, I’m happy you used me as an example because I’ve been recommending this for quite a while!!! I would love playlists. They could even give the system a unique name like calling it “shuffles” or something kind of fun to fit the whole theme of the app.

4 Likes

True I currently have 3 accounts because I don’t want to be inconsistent😅 but I like different things. This would be cool. Or kind of how youtube does Playlist so we could assort them without hashtags needed. Then people could choose to follow all of someone’s content or customize what they follow from someone to their interests. And that would make it was easier for people who currently have multiple accounts they jump between😬 This is an A+ idea.

3 Likes

So I tried to think of how this could be a bad idea and I have nothing. But I was thinking about the YouTube layout which I think is really well thought out. Like how if you aren’t a subscriber/follower then it shows you a video that person chose as one of their better ones:

Vs their profile if you already are a subscriber/follower then you get the most recent videos:

And playlists could be another tab like it is on YouTube and if you hadn’t followed someone on their main page but wanted to follow a specific playlist you could pick there.

And the creator could customize the titles of their playlists and potentially reorganize what videos are in them if they decide to add or merge playlists, etc. That would help people discovering people because they could head straight to their playlists to see what kind of videos they make right away and get a “taste” of them quicker and easier.

3 Likes

You make some good points. The channel trailer idea was discussed here:

2 Likes

I think that’s a great idea :100: Hope @dom considers this 'cause I think I have a split personality disorder which this feature would help a lot of categorising my videos into different playlists

3 Likes

Great hashtags!

I would love a categories feature so that I can upload my second account’s content on to my main account. It’d be a nice way of saying “don’t take this video too seriously.”

4 Likes

Bump

2 Likes