Placeholder name for the app

Ok so as “discussed” in Name for the app there seems to be some support for the app being called Blurple. Even if it’s just a placeholder name that would be sick.
Users would be known as Blurplers/Blurpers
A posted video would be known as a Blurp
A repost would be known as a Reblurp

Should the placeholder name for this app be Blurple?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Also shout out to @LeaElizabeth for being the first to suggest that Blurple be the name of the app in So this happened

3 Likes

(It was actually me :frowning: ) well Dom coined it I suggested the app placeholder

3 Likes

:wink: sorry

2 Likes

Np my dude :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes I wanna one day be like “Hold up I gotta make a Blurple.”

3 Likes

I like the sound of that :joy:

3 Likes

Blurplers unite

3 Likes

So are we blurplers or blurpers!? :joy:

1 Like

“Dude your Blurple is on the home page!!”

2 Likes

“Woah that’s awesome! It must’ve gotten a lot of Reblurps!”

1 Like

I don’t mean to poop on @arlin’s idea but burpler sounds weird with a second “ler” sound. I blurper rolls off the tongue a bit better I think.

4 Likes

2nd’ed ^

2 Likes

Yeee I like blurper

3 Likes

Actually I think blurpleurpler would be perfect

2 Likes

Stop trying to make Blurp happen. It’s not going to happen.

All jokes aside I actually don’t like the name, it sounds disgusting like a burp. Linguistically words like this are naturally going to turn people off because of the way they sound.

All the ‘no’ people are the kind who sleeps with socks on… Cheer up, the name’s just for kicks :joy:

2 Likes

Burping is natural tf. I think the name sounds more similar to ‘blooper’ than ‘burp’.

2 Likes

why not something vine related like Stem, Leaf, Trees, or Root, or anything like that

Let’s all remember to keep it friendly yall. Not callin anyone out specifically but smiles all around. I think everyone knows that Blurple isnt going to be the app name any more than v2 is going to be the app name, but in the mean time, “the 6 second app dom is working on” doesnt roll of the tongue :joy: if keeping the placeholder v2 is what you wanna do, then good on you, to each their own. But blurple is just a funny jab at the color and can easily be a forum inside joke that’s rolled over into the app. Nothing to take too seriously! I agree, as far as practicality goes it may not be the best choice but it’s just a joke :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Exactly. @jarrett and @Jmprtn13 chill it’s just a goofy placeholder name :joy: let us have a little fun. Obviously it won’t be the name of the app.

1 Like