Photography Channel?

Hey There!

I just had a thought. I am a Photographer and like to showcase my photos in a creative way. But there isn’t a specific channel to categorize my videos in.
Will there be (or can there be) a Photography channel on the app?

Looking forward to hearing other people’s thoughts and if it’s possible to see this channel in the future!

5 Likes

I’d like to see something like this.

2 Likes

The app is solely for videos now though, so I’m not sure if the community for photography would be big enough to have their own category. Would be awesome to have something like that if the community grows though, would love to see some cool photography montages.

3 Likes

What I create are videos based on my Photography. I film behind the scenes of photo shoots, I animate my photos as well as create cool transitions to showcase multiple photos in one video.
I am not looking for another feature like Instagram to post a single photo. It’s just a channel in the explore page for my videos that are based on Photography.

1 Like

I would see well a channel “professional”, with high quality products by professional or esperienced photographers, movie directors, real actors in scene, backstage shots etc.
Even if I don’t know how many are on byte

1 Like

I would be alright with some type of channel to where I can post my videos into. Even if it is a general “professional” channel, Although my content is mainly social media based.
I could say as of right now the app might not have a lot of Photographers. But if we create the channel for it, it may attract more creators. Because I can say there are a BUNCH of photographers using Tik Tok as a platform the same way I am creating videos. So it would be nice to have the option here.

1 Like

Yeah, but I still don’t believe the community between other photographers is big enough to get that added. Might be wrong though.

1 Like

I respect your view point and you could be right. Maybe most might not want to post on here with it being a short format. And if that’s the case I will stay solely on Tik Tok to create these types of videos instead of using both platforms right now (Even though I was a huge fan of Vine). But the photography field is huge on other platforms like Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube, etc. That it might be best to have a channel for this field to help accommodate all creators to express their creativity in their way. Other than just Photographers, almost everyone who has a phone will take a photo. And it gives them a place to create that photo into a video and share their work, story and/or memory in its own specific channel.
Just my thoughts on this. I respect your opinion though and Thanks for reaching out on this post! :call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

I fully understand your point of view aswell, and I can’t disagree with you - I’m a photographer myself and would love a category for it. However, with categories like Anime I believe they saw a big amount of Anime content posted in the wrong categories and felt the need to add a category for it.

1 Like

Currently that’s what I do with my content. I feel like it’s scattered in all categories. But I see what you mean how there are more people posting “Anime” content in like The “Sports” Channel. Than specific “Photography” based videos in those other channels. I definitely understand what you exactly meant now.

1 Like

:crossed_fingers: for a photography category in the future!

2 Likes