Permission Slips

Uhhh last I checked, this app is 17+. Dom, are we checking that these kids have permissions slips orrr…?

21 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Well I mean… :eyes:

1 Like

no :heart:

5 Likes

My daughter desperately wants to be on byte. She loves watching stuff over my shoulder
as it’s been so different to TT, but I said no as she’s not old enough… then I see people who are clearly younger than her. I can’t win :woman_shrugging:t2:
(My daughter is old enough to understand that social media posts could affect future employment too because once it’s out there, it’s always out there.)

5 Likes

Yeah and now probably isn’t the best time for her tbh. Lot of explicit hate comments going around to everyone on looks, age, sexuality, race, people being told to kill themselves, personally I might lay low for a week myself I’m overwhelmed. You seem like an awesome role model tho in how you handling it.

16 Likes

if this guy taking a time off. we all need to think about what we are doing with our lives.

I thought the vibe was fine for a second. Til it wasn’t. But am I about to make a child cry? Nah, that ain’t me. But it’s getting out of hand. Gonna start dusting off that “Report” button soon. The vibe ain’t right.

on bytes terms the age limit is actually 13

although personally i think with some of the inappropriate things (and people) on there it should be 17+ for sure.

2 Likes

I think Apple put it as 17+ but with the TOS it’s 13+ which I would say is a good age, as it was the same for Vine.

1 Like

Oh, I’d missed that (App Store said 17+ so we went by that). That means she’s old enough, but I won’t tell her yet as if she sees the chaos at the moment it won’t be good. She’s deaf and has had to deal with a lot of bullying (from children and adults) because she’s deaf.

2 Likes

every now and then there were very disturbing and illegal videos on :vine: which would scar a child or ANYONE that young. definitely scarred me for life. any age under 16 is way too young for most social medias.

aww no that’s so sad :disappointed: i’m really sorry about that. no one deserves that at all. i bet she’s wonderful!

1 Like

I would say Freshman in High School and above