Permanent Blasts?

Blasts are definitely a really cool idea and I’m excited to use it, but I can see some problems that may arise from it. The whole point of a blast seems to be that we can post a very quick video that will disappear shortly after you post them.
Most of you may be familiar with those “expose” accounts on YouTube. If you aren’t, they basically post other people’s content like a snap story or insta story, whatever and sometimes put their input on it but other times, they just leave it alone and then get paid for it cuz they are monetized.
I’ve seen that we talked about copyright issues on this forum but I don’t think we addressed people reposting other videos onto YouTube like “blasts” or regular bytes and then getting paid for it. Blasts would be huge amongst these accounts cuz it disappears forever so someone who wants clout and views can and most likely will video record them and then post it onto YouTube.
This bring up an issue of how are we going to prevent other people from posting our own blasts and making money off of it.
Examples of monetized YouTubers posting other people’s vids and getting paid for it:
https://youtu.be/TjOYppj1gfo This has two ads
https://youtu.be/XbInta5kud8 This one had an ad before the vid stated
There’s several more like this. If videos like these are allowed to be up on YouTube, will the Byte staff or someone handling copyright issues, let blasts be posted to monetized accounts on YouTube or strike them down? I’m just a bit nervous cuz if you think about it, people will do whatever it takes to gain clout and fame these days so imagine if your blasts or even Bytes were posted on a monetized YouTube account, but you aren’t even making money from it yet. It’s just completely unfair and that’s why I’m wondering if we’re going to do anything about it if it happens. People on Tik Tok/ex-viners don’t seem to care that their videos are being posted in monetized, compilation videos so maybe most of you guys won’t, but I feel like it can be a concern to some. I’d be interested in hearing some of your thoughts about this.

4 Likes

Maybe have them stored privately on the user’s accounts so that they can still claim that the video is theirs.

4 Likes

Screenshot_20190124-182214_Twitter

4 Likes

Not a huge deal if we could just claim them right? Would be sick if I could make money off of nothing lmao

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not a big deal, I just wrote a lot so it may seem that way :joy: but yeah if we can just claim them that would be great :call_me_hand: making money off of reposting stuff sounds like a fun and easy way to make money :ok_hand: but idk how the creators who are getting their vids reposted would feel

2 Likes

It would be similar as to when someone films famous people’s ig stories and then uploads them to YouTube. I don’t have a huge problem with it, I don’t really know. Let’s see how things come up so far.

2 Likes

Yep! When the time comes, we’ll see how a lot of people feel about it.

And that’s the answer if anyone was as curious as I was :laughing: ty Cami! :grin:

2 Likes