PEOPLE are HATING!

oh boy, people are hating on the app like insane!

2 Likes

Haters gonna hate :man_shrugging:
The last one tho :rofl: I guess not many people know that Byte’s founder was one of Vine’s co-founders.

8 Likes

Can’t please everyone - few of them have valid points :face_with_raised_eyebrow: (at least they gave it a try and provided some type of feedback on what they disliked)

7 Likes

I mean half the screenshots are from january so I dont think its that fair to include them here, 4 months later

20 Likes

Most of them are from a week ago… sooo

2 Likes

Alright!!! WE GET IT

That’s what they doing, lol. And about Vine’s co-founder… well, that’s interesting. I didn’t know that.

i feel like the spelling mistake she meant in the last screenshot, was the spelling of the ‘wierd’ channel -which was totally intentional, and a homage to :vine:- lol

7 Likes

Ikr! Wierd better come back!

1 Like

Half of the comments chosen (literally 4 out of 8) are from the first week, plus are focused a bit too much on the red circle and not the blue one.

At the end of the day they’ll always be at least a few nay sayers, so may as well look at the positives! Cause clearly the star rating says the opposite of the thread title.

Also with the big update yesterday (and from what I’m seeing a few inevitable bugs but they’ll fix that) it’s not like people made review since then. So we don’t know what people are thinking rn since it basically big part just got a makeover so I think…

Is a stretch but a difference in opinion I guess :man_shrugging:t2:

11 Likes

Can’t let a few negative comments bring you down, think of how far we’ve all come since beta wave 1 release back in 2019. The progress the app has developed is outstanding, including yesterday’s amazing update! Every app will always have 1 star reviews as well as 5 star! We just gotta keep doing our part of spreading the word of byte and keep creating fire content to attract users to the wonderful world of byte.

6 Likes

Well yeah not every single review will be 5 stars and have a positive message lol you dug up only a handful of negative reviews while I can find a dozen of positive reviews in a heartbeat. Look at the most recent reviews. In the past two months there has been more 5 star reviews than 1 star reviews. I’ve been reading your recent topics, @vaahiv , and you need to understand that this app is still being developed and it’s not the “finish product”. People can have negative opinions on this app, there can be competitions to byte, but in all honesty, who really cares lmao the creators are what’s driving this app, not those comments. So start focusing on that instead of the handful of reviews saying byte=bad

11 Likes

How is they going to hate something that just came out. Like damn, give it time for them to make some updates :man_facepalming:t5:

6 Likes

I mean honestly…I wouldn’t call this hate at all. If you actually read what they are saying, a lot of them are referencing legitimate issues with the app like wanting other sign in options besides Google, not being a fan of the interface (only seeing black screens and no vids), not being able to engage with creators as well, not liking vids where people “moan” about tik tok, wanting sound stabilization, not being a fan of the layout, etc.

And some of the issues mentioned here have actually been addressed with updates. Like one person mentions wishing there were tags and a way to scroll through posts without going 1 by 1. We now have hashtags and grid mode.

And it looks like each person did come to the app with an open mind, hoping it would be fun. They didn’t come hoping to hate it. And even the criticism of the videos they saw is fair, we need more people making videos which will come with more time and growth. And the criticism of people making vids about tik tok is one everyone should listen to. Because no one wants to see that.

I find it annoying personally when I give critiques or “bad” reviews and then a brand or person just writes it off as hate. Like some other people said, the majority of reviews are good, but that doesn’t mean the bad ones should be ignored. I think it says a lot about a person, group, company, etc when they listen to the criticism and I think the Byte staff has done that and is doing that with these updates.

Hopefully some of the people that came and left hating it will give it another chance someday and see all the previous issues mostly resolved. But there’s no point in obsessing over those people.

13 Likes

Wtheck lol

20 Likes

He or she literally wasted a review for a joke sdfkqshffldfjdkilfd :joy:

3 Likes

Exactly :rofl:, the big dummy

2 Likes

This is exactly why I feel slightly apprehensive about the dislike feature lmao

4 Likes

But the thing is the dislike feature won’t affect you, just the person who pushed it lol

4 Likes

Ah. This works then haha.

2 Likes