Paying for Advertisement on your own (Paying for views)

On V2, Do you think we should be able to pay money on the app to get more attention like how instagram has promotion post? Give me your opinions and also we should try to not allow the fake views like how you an buy fake views on youtube.

2 Likes

I can see both sides. It would be a good way to separate the dedicated creators from the rest… But at the same time, this is something I could DEFINITELY see being abused.

3 Likes

I feel like everything we think of to benefit the app or the people, theres always a way to abuse it.

Yea I’ve seen a lot of people being worried about old viners coming and immediately taking the spotlight, this might add to that but who knows

2 Likes

recategorized to general discussion since it is a question

i think its a very difficult thing to counteract, and we could take things from the best (youtube)

2 Likes

Absolutely not. That just puts us right where we were when Vine shut down. Select rich top followed people automatically dominating and leaving everyone else in the dust

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind paying for an #ad :slight_smile: only if it’s like a meet up or an event if I ever make it big.

2 Likes

I mean, I see how that would be beneficial to the app and to artists. I would personally say that I don’t like the idea because it favors those already up there, but… I could see it both as a benefit and an issue

1 Like

Very true. I’m sure advertisements have been a big topic in the process of creating the app… Dom seems to really care about the artists & viewers so I trust that he’ll come up with an amazing system.

4 Likes

I personally think you should’nt be able to pay for views because that would take away the actually hardship of working to make it big. If you have money and can buy promos for views and followers then, did you genuinely gain those views and followers. It would be unfair to someone who’s trying to grow the normal way with genuine fans , but then has to compete with someone else who has bought theirs basically.

2 Likes

For one, it’d be really annoying to constantly see promoted content everywhere, especially if anyone can buy this (and if not everyone can, it wouldn’t be fair and create conflict). @ash you mentioned being able to separate the dedicated creators from the rest, but I consider myself dedicated to my stuff and wouldn’t be willing to pay to promote because I don’t have the spare money.
I think a feature like this shouldn’t be incorporated into V2, and if this was thinking along the lines of keeping the app up and running, perhaps we could find different solutions that don’t create unequal opportunity?

3 Likes

I want to agree with the last suggestion you made @httpstiles. Instead of, paying for a way to have your content more visible. Spending money on the v2 service should allow different tiers of customization. Profile themes, storage, maybe even editing tools.

1 Like

This is a great question! But isn’t the philosophy of V2 in the line of an equal voice for everyone?

1 Like