Paul Brothers Are The New Kardashians

With both their brothers having world popularity, it seems like they have same level of fame if not more in a 2019 world then one would ever think. Share your thoughts on this topic below.

5 Likes

It’s hard to see change in both of the brothers. Yes, I was one of those nerds who watched Shane Dawson’s while documentary on the Paul brothers. Shane Dawson made me realize that jumping on the bandwagon of hate is not exceptable and in fac, wrong, because it is a tunnel vision without seeing the fuller picture/or history. Yes the Paul brothers are crazy. Yes they did some terrible things but they came to some harsh realizations

7 Likes

Disagree
Not only because no one over 30 knows who they are but also they are not that relevant to all Gen Z of today.

The internet has made it so much easier to find a group of people with your common interest and you can choose to ignore other parts of it.

The Kardashians have been big since the 90s. Their father was a big divorce lawyer also friends with OJ Simpson and their stepfather at the time being Bruce Jenner. They’ve always been big and had it all even as kids. And are well known by people all over the world and have work in certain fields. Either music or fashion and slowly politics.

The Paul Brothers are Jake Paul who even on :vine: tried to live off of his big brother Logan’s fame. They have done a gigantic amount of stupid things which despite many saying cancel culture is not real many people have not forgotten about the things they’ve done. They are not that big and do not cross into all medias. No fashion, shockers on politics and staging controversial antics.

This post looks like im defending the Kardashians but im not. The comparison of money is also gigantic. Kardashians are on track to be billions whilst Pauls dont even make that much money either. But still impressive they make enough to compete with Ryan’stoyreview and he’s like 8. Also their fights and getting into boxing is another form of income, but no where on the same scale as the Kardashians.

As a last reminder we also are not sure how long the success of a social media star is. As you’ve stated before in your podcast even Nigahiga got tired of it and he’s been doing this for over a decade. The Kardashians have branded into so many ways they’ll keep the success and relevancy to some. But we arent quite sure in the early days if the Pauls or any stars on social media can have long term success. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This was an interesting, take on the paul brothers. In many ways I’m not here to say what they do is either right or wrong, but that a lot of the decsisons they made is due to the nature of social media in partt. THe wilder your stunts are the more one has to up themselves in the next video. Espeically since they don’t really have a format for their vids. The whole problem with influencer marketing is that it’s not really a game many people could to for 30 years. (And not for the reasons you think)

1 Like

Watched this today and I am not gonna lie…its hecka intelligent
1 Like

Jake and Logan are garbage

3 Likes

I’m not going to lie, there are some parts of this interview which are funny, but the panning on that camera is way too much. I’m getting headache off of it

2 Likes

The frickin’ POP ZOOMS. I swear I was like what the heck…why are they zooming in on this man wayyyyy toooo much

2 Likes

I fully agree with you, yes they are a doing some crazy stuff without realizing what can happen, but also people often don’t see that they are doing a lot of stuff “behind the curtains” and youtube is just a show in which they are actors for views. Also they were great viners, and they are where they are because of hard work and dedication. In the end of the day we can just speculate if we don’t know them personally.

3 Likes

True true

2 Likes

i wouldn’t really compare them to the kardashians. i’d compare them to garbage bins

1 Like

i don’t care for the Paul brothers, but I respect their success. I don’t think they’ve changed the world for better or worse, but most everyone knows who they are so they’re doing something right I guess :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

they’re trying to be different, but all it is is givng me a headache

1 Like

Yeah a lot of people want to make judgements on people like they know them on a personal level, but hey that’s social media for ya

1 Like

Social Media and the defintion of fame is changing everything. Watching news stories and people were more excited to see the paul brothers at this big celebrity party then they were to see nba players at the same event. The generation being born this decade and going forward will have a much different defintion of celebrity in the future.

1 Like

Unrelated to the comparison, but Logan Paul is an awful person with no morals. Whenever I see his name on youtube all I can think of is him exploiting a dead body for money with no empathy until after public backlash.

Back on topic though, I dont think the Paul brothers will come close to reaching the Kardashians amount of fame

2 Likes

Ignore my essay red and white aaaarmy :clap: :clap: @billauckland

1 Like

a lot of people hated on reality t.v until it became mainstream now. Eventually onlineinfluencers will become the next wave of stars from the people on IG and YT. I’m not here to really debate it, but just here making observations

1 Like

Bruh @billauckland why

1 Like