Organize feature requests

A lot of features get asked for multiple times.
Some features are good ideas, but there’s not much to say about them so they don’t get bumped by comments.
Comments aren’t really a good way to measure how much the community wants a feature because the comments can be negative. Likes aren’t a good way either because if the topic isn’t getting bumped by comments it won’t get as many likes.

So, I think we need a better feature request system.

5 Likes

What are you thinking of? Would it be sort of like a topic of it’s own still, but anything posted in that topic gets automatically bumped so that as many people as possible can see it? Or maybe it’s more of a direct sort of but where byte staff is notified whenever there is a feature request?

2 Likes

There is a large list that just hasn’t been updated in a while.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen the long lists and since they contain lots of ideas there is lots to comment on, which means they get bumped a lot. What I want is a way to measure more accurately what features are desired over others and a long list like that can’t facilitate that kind of measurement.

1 Like

I feel like maybe the forum is not the best place to measure desire for a feature because of the comment bumping behavior so I was thinking of some feature request platform outside of the forum. But! So many people are on the forum and it’s easier that way. SO, maybe topics in the feature category would be sorted only by likes and not by comments? I don’t know if this is even possible by changing the settings of the forum. It might not even result in an improvement, I don’t know. Just spit balling

1 Like

Love this idea! Maybe people could make sure that people who are on the forums can see requests through notifications saying something like “hey this is a thing on the feature platform so go check it out” if they’re interested in that sort of thing. That way, if people want to have conversations about requests on the forum, they totally can but each feature request gets an equal amount of attention!

1 Like

I guess we have to wait… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Just a reminder: