Opinions on “Seasonal” Features

Dom tweeted this out, what are everyone’s thoughts on having stuff be seasonal? Personally I’m a bit skeptical but I also see the benefits so I’m interested to see how it plays out. Do you think it will be a good idea or will this backfire :thinking:

14 Likes

no way it backfires bc the man a genius, interested to see what it will actually look like though

13 Likes

it’s something new so hopefully it’ll turn out fresh and fun

2 Likes

OH I’m absolutely excited by this honestly

3 Likes

It can be an amazing idea, as seasonal events always brings back a good crowd in games like Overwatch or Fortnite. Just look at League of Legends with its season 9 release everyone seems to be very excited for that. However, I’ve only seen this in games and I’m not sure how it will work on an App, is he talking about like seasonal trends like a #hashtag challenge or something. I don’t know, but it might be one of the unique features that’ll bring in more interest.

2 Likes

What’s are seasonal features?
:nerd_face:

2 Likes

IT’S LIT!!! Can you imagine logging in and there’s a Christmas themed layout???
Or Halloween themed buttons to interact with???
Snapchat filter inspired “events” when you open the app???
Dom is a tech God!!!

4 Likes

you joined four days ago. lol Let me get you up to speed.

It means really great things are on the way. Dom’s a genius👌

2 Likes

Basically features that are only accessible during short periods of time and aren’t permanent.

5 Likes

It makes things more and more original and creative

2 Likes

I’m excited to see what this turns out to be. Like what kind of features are we talking about anyways? Super cool idea.

2 Likes

I like the Explore page being seasonal just because it sounds to be like a “trending” page, but for specific themes.

Seasonal will help keep people engaged for sure! i just hope that some features that could really help with video editing, and i don’t want them to be taken away bc that way the best content could be made.

or this could go freakin’ well, we’ll see!

1 Like

I am curious. Like, new layouts with the holidays or? Because that would be very hard because not everyone lives in the US.

3 Likes

I think it’s great!

1 Like

I’m quite interested in seeing what Dom has in mind for this…

1 Like

Honestly I don’t care because I know Dom’s going to do us proud with byte.

4 Likes

I think it’s a really good idea! Seasonal features will definitely be good.

1 Like

I think seasonal features are good and what ken said is on point; can’t wait to see what the team puts out.

Seasonal features sound great! I have a feeling byte is going to be very innovative.

2 Likes