Opinion on the v*** 'editing' community?

Hello! I was wondering how you felt about the editing community that vine used to have!

6 Likes

i think they’re very talented!!!

12 Likes

as i was technically apart of the editing community, it was my favourite part of vine personally.

13 Likes

i like it!!! its pretty groovy

4 Likes

I used to binge watch vine edits all the time. Really cool and amazing work that people put into it.

10 Likes

I mentioned this on my post, however, I feel like this should only be granted to people who are “partnered” with v2, and can share some of the monetary gain with v2 to kind of, keep them going as well as the creators. This shouldn’t be another YouTube.

3 Likes

vine is what introduced me to editing so I’m excited to see vine edits back!!!

11 Likes

The editing community, as in the ones who made pointless cut clips, edited songs with vine sounds etc? Lovely, love them. They contributed so much. But the editing community as in the fan editors and anime/music edits, eeeeeh debatable

1 Like

they were really talented! When I first started watching vine, that’s what I watched 95% of the time.

8 Likes

Vine edits used to be my favorite part of vine, every editor on there had there own unique style and was able to express themselves comfortably with other fans!!

7 Likes

The editing community was definitely a considerable part of vine, but honestly… they weren’t all that talented. Anybody can torrent Sony Vegas, zoom in and out a bit and add a flicker effect.

Same here! I didn’t know anything before I started on Vine

3 Likes

I think the editing community is very talented and I’m interested to see what they make for v2. I’ve never been a huge fan of these edits but I know they have a pretty big following back from when Vine was around

1 Like

i’m a fan of edits

17 Likes

Best edit:

1 Like

I was an editor and still am. I was a Vine editor and I think a platform like this was a great place to share that. I saw a couple comments saying that anyone could download an editing program and zoom in and out on the clips, but editing is definitely more than that and means more than that to the editors. (Also, really? Insulting editors? Try it yourself; it’s not as simple as it looks.)
Also addressing the “another youtube” comment. It was never that to me. There never was YouTube before or while I was editing on Vine. Vine had a community that made it very easy to connect with people, something I still haven’t done on YT. The same could easily be said about funny animal videos. We could easily say that any funny thing we cherish from Vine should have been content posted to YouTube instead.

7 Likes

No need to downplay the work that some editors put in.

2 Likes

There were definitely very good and equally as popular editors. I was a big fan

2 Likes

categorized to off topic :grin:

I’m very into editing… I’d show you some of my stuff but probably get flagged for promoting lol, lmk if you want to check some out