Opinion on Hashtags?

What do we all think about hashtags?

As far as I’m aware they have no use in byte right now? I personally have never used hashtags as a means for finding content but their very existence on social media must mean some people do.

Interested to hear your thoughts?

15 Likes

#thesewillprobablybeabusedliketheyareoninstagram

10 Likes

As long as we don’t see any #foryourpage

5 Likes

we will probably see #rebyteforrebyte though

9 Likes

Oh you’re onto something there, #rb4rb ?

6 Likes

I feel like they should be introduced, but at a later point. I like the simplicity of it all.
Just click a genre and you’ve got all the juicy content you could ever ask for. :pray:t5:

9 Likes

There’s a reason why channels are created, there’s categories created without the need of use for hashtags. In my opinion the app could run just fine with out hashtags.

14 Likes

Hashtags help narrow down content further. Categories are great but hashtags will help will reach niche videos.

10 Likes

When byte gets even more popular, looking for specific videos will be a nightmare. Hashtags might help with that too.

8 Likes

Hashtags are needed imo but they should be limited. Maybe limit them to 3 per post?

9 Likes

Agreed!

7 Likes

Hashtags were used on Vine and they really helped me and many others find other Viners and editors that made edits about particular things, like select KPop groups or a specific anime. I feel like they would really help people find other cool people to follow and see Bytes they wouldn’t find otherwise

6 Likes

Some very interesting points being made here

6 Likes

#GoodSuggestionButIdPreferNotBecauseItWillBecomeLikeInstagram

6 Likes

#hashtagsarefunatfirstbutgetannoyingwhenabused

5 Likes

Latest edit I posted on tiktok, was of a cosplay of kaede from danganronpa, drv3 if one wants to be precise, and it was a fairly creative edit, weird and experimental.

So, in what channel would I post that? Do I roll a dice or what?
:blep:

4 Likes

I know there are pros and contras about hashtags. But if we could search in categories and not just usernames it would be great

2 Likes

https://community.byte.co/t/we-need-hashtags/42909

Dom has already talked about adding hashtags. lol

NEW PEOPLE… make sure you do a little research on the forums before posting topics.

EDIT:
hashtags would be lit tho :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Imma just quote what I said in a different thread about this

5 Likes

@LittleDewDroplets Totally agree with that, limiting the amount of hashtags pretty much stops them being abused. Good idea!

3 Likes