Opinion on fake pranks?

Its all over facebook, instagram, and youtube. Why do you guys think of it? To me it seems lazy.

3 Likes

Overdone is all I can say.

6 Likes

Yea, you can’t look at the public instagram feed without seeing it.

4 Likes

I don’t like them. They’re very unfunny, and overdone, and useless… People are wasting a lot of money and time on them! And everyone knows their fake! Sorry about that little rant, oh well.

3 Likes

Changed to Off Topic

2 Likes

Although I guess some people out there still find them entertaining somehow, I think its hard for us creators to back something that’s clearly scripted and then pretends to be “realistic” at face value! Although everybody’s opinion of “entertaining” is different, I definitely also agree that they feel wayyyy too overdone and just very repetitive!

4 Likes

I agree. It’s one thing to make a fake prank just to say “lol this is a funny idea that would probably never happen” and it’s another to pass it off as something that is real. Bc then you’re just lying. And now every time I watch something I have to play forensics files and deduce whether or not something has been staged. It’s just really annoying to me at this point

7 Likes

Lazy, i feel like it would take more thinking and work, to have a scripted prank… but I know what you mean. A planned out prank is kinda pathetic, you can tell they’re fake almost every time… if you’re gonna prank someone I want to see a genuine reaction

4 Likes

unpopular opinion, I don’t really find pranks funny (specifically mean-spirited pranks). it’s almost better if everyone is in the know and consenting to participate. like when Jim pranks Dwight on the Office, it’s still funny even though I know it’s scripted. I guess it depends on what part of the prank is entertaining to the viewer

3 Likes

they´re just so lame.

3 Likes

I think they are silly (in a stupid way) plus pranks are meant to be done for the fun of it, there’s no fun in acting out a prank!!!

3 Likes

For suuuure

1 Like

I dont get why fake pranks exist. The only thing that pops into my head is attention

3 Likes

just a bunch of people desperate for popularity and fame

3 Likes

Fake pranks id only allow…ONLY if its so well done that even I wouldnt make out that its fake.

however there are some extremely cringey ass fake pranksters on YT that just do not get it. bleh

3 Likes