One thing you'd change about school?

Share your thoughts below

4 Likes

that random ig promote lmao

9 Likes

I know right…lol

1 Like

probably the leniency. a lot of schools treat school as a competition and don’t fulfill the needs of some of the students. Ultimately, I wish school was a way to actually learn things instead of a place to get a good job or something.

2 Likes

Uhm the fact that you can’t eat during lessons.

2 Likes

school itself (jk)… lol

They treat everyone the same as if we were robots.

5 Likes

Hmmm idk, it just is what it is

2 Likes

No homework…and maybe some classes that’ll teach me things I’ll ACTUALLY use in my life. lol

5 Likes

Switzerland is the has the highest test score average of any country, in switzerland the school days are only 4 hours. America is like the 20th highest test scoring country. In America, school is 7 hours long. America is doing something wrong.

3 Likes

At Mexico, education is crap, won’t lie to you.

3 Likes

Stop teaching the stuff that isn’t for every child.

2 Likes

@arf

probably the leniency…

My Response:

Hmmm that’s an interesting perspective. If you could expand on it some more I’d be interested in you expanding on the topic of, “I wish school was a way to actually learn things instead of a place to get a good job or something.”

@chowder_abc

Uhm the fact that you can’t eat during lessons.

My Response:

You can’t eat on the job either, that’s what lunch is for. Life is unfair

@3_Mexican_chillis

school itself (jk)… lol

My Response:

I feel ya on that to an extent. One of the problems with school is the lack of learning job skills. I could go on a long rant about that, but that’s a topic for another day

@ShawdGawd

…maybe some classes that’ll teach me things I’ll ACTUALLY use in my life. lol

My Response:

Yeah, but think about all those jobs lost of the teachers that teach those useless classes you don’t like lol

@Evan_Myers

America is doing something wrong.

My Response:

Tbh I think we’ve all been thinking about that when it comes to the American education system. The problem with solving such issues is it takes a lot of time and effort to fix these problems. Doesn’t seem it will get any better.

@Chabe

At Mexico, education is crap, won’t lie to you.

My Response:

I’m not surprised. Not much better in the us. Got an A in college chemistry, but I’m still not qualified to be a chemist.

@Music

Stop teaching the stuff that isn’t for every child.

My Response:

100% agree with what you’re saying, gosh forbid some kid wants to follow their passion at 13. If he fails after 5 years he’lll only be 18, but society only preaches what they think is the best

3 Likes

You typically need to fit a rigid curriculum which focuses more on getting work done as some sort of intelligence metric rather than actually proving you learned something. memorization is typically what happens rather than any type of actual intellectual improvement, and it just leaves kids bored and unwanting to study. if there was more leniency in grades and more of a focus on kids really learning, that would help things significantly, because your entire life doesn’t revolve around grades!

2 Likes

I agree with this to an extent. Bank has never asked me what my gpa from high school was. As far as the memorization part goes, I couldn’t agree more. Typically you remember a bunch of things for the semster, then just end up forgetting. Got an A in college intro accounting, but don’t even use it currently. Even when you do, you certainty don’t use it all. Honestly degree programs should take more notes from trade school, but that’s my rant for now.

1 Like