Once V2 comes out, how will we prevent artists saying "v*ne"

Perhaps using Pavolian methods can help. We ring a bell when someone says “V2”?

3 Likes

But I don’t think V2 is the official name for the app though. Still if you used Vine a lot it will definitely be hard to not say “vines” when referring to a video on the app. It’s like a force of habit.

3 Likes

Wayne put something in the code that blurs out the word and replaces it with the same tone and voice of the persone but saying however it will be pronounced

Do it for the loop
I ant gonna do it
DO IT FOR THE LOOP
I AINT GONNA DO IT
DO IT FOR THE LOOP
(Starts to dance either bad or really good)

2 Likes

i feel like in my head i’ll say the videos are vines (obviously won’t say it outright) because of habit, but i think if we keep up how we act about it now it should be fine.

3 Likes

So I guess what @dom is saying is that we can call them “vines” or whatever when speaking amongst ourselves like family or friends. However, when we put the videos on our other social media accounts we can’t say “vines”.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t think Twitter will flex their Trademark rights and related IP on “Vine”. It was Twitter who decided to shut it down and it is no longer in use by them except in archives. And, technically speaking, the Trademark will no longer apply if it is not in use by the holder. I think either Twitter will a) not care at all, b) relinquish the rights to “Vine” and other related trademarks to v2, or c) negotiate an agreement with v2 outlining how it can be used. In layman’s terms, they likely won’t care.

There is a potential scenario in 1-2 years where if v2 begins turning a profit, Twitter could try to claim IP infringement and sieze v2, however this is unlikely and would result in a very large legal battle, even in arbitration. All in all, use Vine how you so please, but if it works in context, use v2 instead.

5 Likes

I always had an idea that like people from the fourms would get together and make a video explaining what V2 is and why it’s different from Vne. It would be like the first thing you see when singing up, like a tutorial video. We could also explain why were called “artists” instead of Vners. That’s just an idea I had

2 Likes

So we’re not aloud to call it v*ne 2?

Nope, have to refer to ‘V2’ but not anything with ‘vine’ in it… yet!

I argued with my friends about the name.

-It’s V2.
-Are you stupid? It’s v!ne2.
-ITSS VEE TWOO

Well… they can suffer. Idc tbh

2 Likes

Dom said that earlier

if the app was going to grow as large as vne, and if it produces the same content and a similar audience, the problem will be incredibly hard to avoid. if the app wants to become a seperate entity to vne, it could either a) change the name or b) try its hardest to be different whilst still obtaining the popularity

Vines were still popular on YouTube, and are making a comeback on the YouTube platform alone…people are gonna call it ■■■■■■ no doubt because of V2 similarites.

Looks like we got a few options, “creeping plant” really rolls off the tongue nicely imo

10 Likes

Maybe a catchier name for the app when it actually releases would help negate this but idk. I don’t think most people will care about the distinction between V2 and V*ne. Most people don’t care about those small, and in their opinion, unimportant details. Maybe we can call it “Veto”, but I feel like that’s a terrrrrrrible product from my nerdy brain. But I’m 100% sure we’ll be able to figure out a workaround to this problem. Have you seen us? We’re hella genius people :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Possibly a pop up screen when you first download the app to at least let people know the rules and guidelines of v2

3 Likes

Lol a little treat pops out of the audio jack every time you reference it correctly

2 Likes

Sweet, I’m glad this isn’t going to be a huge problem for the production team, I was hoping it wasnt going to be a huge deal

2 Likes

The answer has been spoken, legally I believe it would only be a problem if the actual v2 app called the video format a vine or something. Since you can’t control what the audience can say then there shouldn’t be any issue with the people using the app referring to it as “vine” 2.

2 Likes