Once V2 comes out, how will we prevent artists saying "v*ne"

Vines were still popular on YouTube, and are making a comeback on the YouTube platform alone…people are gonna call it ■■■■■■ no doubt because of V2 similarites.

Looks like we got a few options, “creeping plant” really rolls off the tongue nicely imo

10 Likes

Maybe a catchier name for the app when it actually releases would help negate this but idk. I don’t think most people will care about the distinction between V2 and V*ne. Most people don’t care about those small, and in their opinion, unimportant details. Maybe we can call it “Veto”, but I feel like that’s a terrrrrrrible product from my nerdy brain. But I’m 100% sure we’ll be able to figure out a workaround to this problem. Have you seen us? We’re hella genius people :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Possibly a pop up screen when you first download the app to at least let people know the rules and guidelines of v2

3 Likes

Lol a little treat pops out of the audio jack every time you reference it correctly

2 Likes

Sweet, I’m glad this isn’t going to be a huge problem for the production team, I was hoping it wasnt going to be a huge deal

2 Likes

The answer has been spoken, legally I believe it would only be a problem if the actual v2 app called the video format a vine or something. Since you can’t control what the audience can say then there shouldn’t be any issue with the people using the app referring to it as “vine” 2.

2 Likes

The safest option is probably to rename it to something different. However, I don’t think it’ll be much of an issue.

I’m still fan of “Loop” though. I really like that name. Dom, if you don’t use it imma take it and create some app XD

3 Likes

Is “V2” a temporary name for the new app? Like will there be a more catchy name for it when it’s released?

2 Likes

Probably, a name like v2 isn’t marketable at all, and it’s a bit awkward on the tongue.

3 Likes

Is that what the videos will be called, loops? I’ve been very curious as to what we will be calling the videos?

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve been calling them, and lots of other people are too! I feel like it’s the most catchy name for it. No official word though!

perhaps if there is a name change, and v2 really is acting as a filler, it will encourage artists to somewhat separate the two a bit more?

1 Like

https://community.byte.co/t/v2-concept-gener8/8499?u=comicor

take a look at that

It’s unenforceable.You will never be able to stop new users from calling it “Vine” or “■■■■■■.”

Thank you :sweat_smile: I figured as much, but dom replied earlier in the thread that he pretty much doesnt care. We can call it whatever we want post release.

Maybe all you need is a similar name that way it doesn’t cause so much of a rift or chase away an opportunity to boost V2 Name Suggestion - Similar with Manipulation I made a suugestion here

1 Like

i think vine was actually more appreciated after it was closed down, so ALOT of people know about it now. and since there aren’t a lot of us here, caring about this; i think there should be a little terms of use or something, which people have to actually read and not ignore, when you first open the app; so that everyone, even the newcomers know how to refer to stuff.

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY. i think that’s the best, and possibly the only way.