Okay, I'm loving the TikTok Kids on Byte

I know some people are a bit overwhelmed by them, but, I’m loving all the new TikTok kids flooding Byte right now. This app needed a good shaking up, and they are providing it in spades. :slight_smile:

Yea, some of them can be a bit rude, but, just play along and you’ll win them over. Try not to be mean back, you won’t win that fight anyway LOL! Remember, these are the same kids who punked the President of the United States.

I hope they stick around!

84 Likes

Sorry if I’ve been mentioning ya too much :joy: I’m just trying to get more people to learn how to use the app :skull:

10 Likes

Not at all! Those quick tutorials I posted seem to be helping a lot of them figure some of the basics, thanks for referring them over. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Dude I love this chaos. It’s absolute mayhem.

What everyone needs to remember as we enter these turbulent times is that everything is just memes. Don’t take it seriously, they’re just a bunch of screwed up kids in a screwed up world. Just like us.

31 Likes

Who knew the comeback would be this epic !

12 Likes

Yea, me too, it’s a bit like launch day again, and this is alt tiktok kids, they love roasting everyone, and they’re good at it, too. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I get some of them are assholea but honestly I think a good bit of them just have that kind of humor lol. I like it.

15 Likes

Don’t call it a comeback!!

5 Likes

I am not for the dark humor of this generation and all the " we gonna take over this app" stuff, but we must learn to be welcoming to them. Just grin and bear it right now.

12 Likes

Im someone’s who recieved TONS of hate comments on byte throughout my time on the app but let me just say this: I personally have not been attacked by any of the newbies today!! There have been some little comments that genuinely make me LOL, and I reply nicely and they actually end up following me and liking my content!!!

18 Likes

Someone’s told me “we’re the elites and we’re here to take over and we’re not asking either” and I was like “let’s just be friends” and they said ok :weary::raised_hands:t4::partying_face::exploding_head:

18 Likes

Lol!

2 Likes

I’d like to brainstorm some ways to help them transition. They are used to all the TikTok features and many are struggling to adjust. Especially the ones who utilized music

Comparatively, Byte is a very barebones app but that’s because it’s so new. I would value their input for features and development of the app

7 Likes

I made 2 quick tutorial videos for them to help them with basics, but a more comprehensive set of tutorial videos is really needed now. A lot of the new people have told me how helpful my videos were and my thumbs are now numb from answering all their questions this evening LOL they are up so damn late!

@dom I hope you see this :point_up_2:t3:

7 Likes

I saw one of those tutorials, thanks for doing that

lol maybe we should flood the channels with tutorials and Best Use Practices for the next week or so

2 Likes

When they say they’re taking over the app I just tell them “GOOD because we need more of you on this app.” Which is true. And they respond like this:

But I also got a bunch of comments like this:

That is so great to see because so many of these alt TikTok kids are lgbtq and get bullied a lot on TikTok.

26 Likes

Faith slightly restored

11 Likes

I’ve directed so many newbies your way lol, you actually inspired me to do some tutorial vids myself

8 Likes

I think if we can get a curated hashtag, #byteschool it would help a lot.

I’ve had to onboard people for software, and what one person thinks is Simple and logical, others never get, unless you show them step by step.

I’m also trying to hit latest and throw out some :heartpulse: and general support. It’s being well received.

9 Likes

#byteschool YES

GOOD

I like it

4 Likes