Official byte youtube channel

A good idea for byte to gain profit from the “vine compilations” problem back when vine was a thing is to have an official youtube channel where the byte creators (or people hired directly for the youtube channel) can make their own byte compilations from each category, properly crediting the creators, and earning income for the future of byte (so it won’t have ads, etc)

By the way, the vine compilation problem was a problem because people stole vines to reupload them to youtube without crediting the creators and earning revenue on content that wasn’t their own. It also made regular viewers to not go on vine to watch vines, but on youtube compilations which made vine seem more “dead”.

also idk whether to put this under “ideas” or “youtube and other services” or even “general discussion”

23 Likes

Very good ideas! I’d upvote this if possible.

5 Likes

aw thanks! :sunglasses:

1 Like

it could be something like every month the biggest ‘byter’, or something along those lines, gets a compilation of skits.

or the biggest skits of the month get put in one video. these would be p short towards the beginning lol

4 Likes

changed category to #idea :sunglasses:

This is a great idea. Byte staff could rotate people from the creators :heart: program for the role. With real creators giving proper credit to fellow creators it could create a good trust system between users; even staff.

4 Likes

That’s a great idea

2 Likes

thanks for changing, I wasn’t sure which category this post would fit in.

1 Like

thanks love!

1 Like

omg YES pls love this idea!, for the official byte account to post their own compilations of the best bytes… we need this dom

3 Likes

Yeah, I think it would be good to post maybe the top 5 picks of the week or something to showcase on an official channel so that they’re not stolen as much.

1 Like

Yay this sounds like a great idea! I’d love to watch byte compilations on YouTube. It would also be a great way to introduce byte to a wider audience.

3 Likes

Boom! Top 5 or top 10 of the week cus 5 would be like a 30 sec video :rofl:

3 Likes

yes i love this idea so much!

1 Like

Great idea! I feel like other people should be allowed to repost content to YouTube IF they credit the creators. That would help stuff go viral more easily and attract more users. Byte could always claim the content and monetize other people’s videos.

also of course the channel could be used for byte rewind if it ever happens!

1 Like

Byte back

1 Like

byte me.

Yeah, sounds good.

Yes! I can’t imagine how frustrating it was for viners who’s content was being uploaded without their permission, and without credit on someone else’s youtube channel. This is a good solution.

1 Like

while it’s cool, i feel like people will still “steal” bytes

2 Likes