Offensive Content

Okay I know there are people out there who get offended easy, which is why I wonder, vine used to have really offensive videos that were ridiculously hilarious. I guess what I’m trying to say is, will the community be accepting or would we have to adapt to this new age in where we have to accommodate to people who get offended easily.

12 Likes

this new age is very sensitive ugh

5 Likes

I know that’s whats annoying. I tend to have dark humor, not carried away but I feel people get sensitive over anything. I was talking to a friend and I’m not sure if you watched Harold and Kumar but that movie had really offensive moments but it was hilarious, but we were talking about how movies like that can’t exist because someone has to get offended easily and make it a big deal.

3 Likes

I dont blame newage lol. I blame evolution. The way we are bringing sensitive and tough topics is kinda starting with that offensive take on those topics first because it starts with denial and ends with acceptance. However there are douchey people who try to just normalize douchy behavior but those people usually end up being ostracized for not using good context when presenting that tough line between being a jerk and just adding satire or sarcasm to things we wanna know more about but aren’t familarized with 100percent. Just make sure when you bring that fire you not tryna burn anyones home down.

1 Like

Yeah I feel that. As long as the intention is for pure comedic purpose and not meant as an actual statement, it shouldn’t do too much harm right?

5 Likes

thats true

4 Likes

in my defense i have the darkest humor hence why people in this app despises me somehow HOWEVER things i never joke about are sexualities religions or like catastrophes that happened

1 Like

i dont like body shaming either but other than that i can be quite explicit

4 Likes

hate racist jokes too
or likee oh i ate a pizza ahahhah quirky laugh im so rElAtAbLe im fat omg im fat
likeee no thats not funny your insecure so you rely on your weight to give you a laugh

5 Likes

I love dark humorrrr haha

There will be people out there that push the boundaries like on V*ne, can’t wait to see everyone’s edgy content :joy:

10 Likes

I seen a lot of racist and homophobic vines from both boys and girls, and no matter what race they was. You’ll see it on any social media. Long as it wasn’t super racist or super homophobic then it was all cool and funny. More likely people from vine that will for sure come back to byte going to make those kind of videos (not a lot though). I even feel that the same people that will get mad at a video will probably end up doing the same thing that they was mad at. Probably

2 Likes

This is why we have multiple content creators. Because what’s offensive varies from person to person.
Creators should just express what’s on their hearts and minds. Those feelings came from somewhere: pain, pleasure, guilt, ignorance…

I don’t make content to offend people. But I also don’t have the “kid gloves” on.

4 Likes

Its freedom of speech. Comedy has the potential to offend everyone, so it should be fair game, IMO. There are jokes that can make fun of straight white males, for example.

3 Likes

Well, I love the dark humor and gonna make many dark bytes, well, not too offensive but as you said there’re people that get offended very easily. The very sensitive people just have two options: report de video or deal with it.

3 Likes

I’m going to be honest, dark humour is fine, but if your only way to get attention you so desperately crave is to push boundaries that you know people are going to be offended by, you need to take a hard look at yourself and consider what you’re doing with your life.

9 Likes

Honestly people are way too sensitive nowadays, if they don’t wanna see “offensive” (everything is offensive to someone nowadays) bytes then don’t watch them. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ve always disliked dark humor, just my preference but others like it and I wouldn’t wanna take that away from anyone but if my time line is filled up with “ahhaaahaaa insert racist joke” videos every two videos, then I would care cuz that’s just annoying and not even funny. Other than that, just be creative with it and not say the same exact thing as everyone else says :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

i’m not a fan of dark jokes. :frowning:

1 Like

and @beckyyyt i say that dark humor is cool but in reality it depends were is taken like i don’t like to make jokes about diseases or unfortunate events cause i am a firm believer in karma and i DO think it could backtrack to me in some way and my purpose is to make people laugh and not feel offended or not accepted :black_heart:

3 Likes

people are overly sensitive and it’s stupid. i’m judging my own generation including millennials. not even just generations, it’s people’s personalities.

unless the joke is racist or sexist.

2 Likes