Notification when a video gets on spotlight

Is this something in the works because it would be nice to know when a video ends up on the spotlight category.

23 Likes

That’d actually be really nice

7 Likes

Just gonna @dom :eyes: cause I know the forums have been pretty busy lately

7 Likes

I like this idea! More feedback would definitely be nice in this regard… Not that I’ve ever made it there :joy:

3 Likes

Not just spotlight, but popular page etc would be very cool

4 Likes

Thanks little mouse guy hope it gets to him :grinning:

4 Likes

That would be helpful ! And it would be a nice feeling to see yourself on the popular page :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe with popular it would be nice to say something like “your video hit top 10 on popular” but I can see an issue with that since popular page changes often and videos grow and drop quite often

3 Likes

Faster then we check our notifications? lol because even if it was short lived its still nice to know your hard work paying off

3 Likes

Thats fair lol. I guess it would be cool to see that it hit a high place in popular at some point, even if it drops later

2 Likes

good idea. we’re working on improving our process for spotlight and i’ll see if we can make the notification a thing

17 Likes

Love the fact that the community has an honest input with Byte. That feels really unique. Nobody else really does that.

4 Likes

yeah definitely would have to agree

3 Likes

I would love this. A couple of my past videos are slowly gaining momentum and I have NO CLUE how people are seeing them :laughing:.

2 Likes

A notification would be good, but, to be honest, you’ll know just by all the likes your video starts getting all of a sudden, especially if the video is a bit older and has no chance of being featured on any of the other trending pages.

6 Likes

true! once we move to a recommendation approach it might be a little more helpful though :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Dom the man just graced me with his post! internet firm handshake :handshake: to you my kind sir! lol :astonished:

2 Likes

On the topic of other notifications, will the old style of ‘you post hit x loops’ type notifications be a thing?

4 Likes

oh thats a good one too! good call man

3 Likes

I’m quite sure this has been requested already. I think it’s something in the works with other notification categories also.

2 Likes