NEW UPDATE THAT MIGHT BLOW UP byte!

Hey guys, :wave:t4:
This is my first ever forum post so I don’t know how’ll it do but…
I have a few ideas & suggestions to make byte a lil more an attractive platform than it already is!

These are just my opinions and I hope y’all will agree with me

1. The number of followers should be visible to everyone.
  2. The app should never increase its time limit to more than 16 seconds now that it did from 6 to 8 to 16 or else it’s basically YouTube.
  3. The Engagement for small creators is awful, hence a new algorithm is required.
  4. The replies to the comments should fall under the original commentator like Instagram does to make it look more organized.
  5. The camera should have an option to reposition clips and edit them like vine used to have.
  6. Rebyte button should be next to the comments button & the number of rebytes should be visible.
  7. Post notifications button should be available to get updates from your favourite creator the moment they post.
  8. There should be an option to change the registered google account (email).
  9. The beats should have a search bar & better organized.
  10. The app should have the ability to mention users in bio.
  11. Byte should be more like vine 2 and not a better TikTok.
  12. We should be able to enter clickable links in bio like for our Instagram or YouTube channel.
  13. More editing options should be available in byte camera.
  14. A unique UI is required because it’s the most cliche one like Instagram & TikTok has. Byte should stand out in order to beat all these other platforms!
  15. A BIG promotion of the app is required to attract new users to the platform. Sponsored ads on Instagram, TikTok & YouTube will skyrocket the app’s users.
  16. Dislike button is a bad idea & besides people can unfollow the creators they don’t wanna see anyways.
  17. The ability to edit your video’s caption.

If you find any of these suggestions to be legitimate then I’d really appreciate you to hit that like button & promote this thread to reach the authority & dom!

Thank You! :smile:

33 Likes

I call on @Pac to link relevant forum posts that discuss all these features.

9 Likes

Bro I really hope my voice gets heard haha!

1 Like

There are a lot of people that want these features too, so I think we will probably get a lot of them eventually, but the team is small and they want to focus on features they think will increase user retention right now, so other features that are common in other apps are on the back burner.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!

2 Likes

thanks @danielromero! Looking forward to engaging voice haha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

vine is dead we should let it RIP, most of these features are gonna come. they arent advertising for a while as said by dom.

3 Likes

I also summon @Pac to link relevant forum posts that already go over all these features.

2 Likes

@RodinBoi vine sure is dead and I ain’t saying to bring the “vine time back”; all I’m saying is to adopt from vine which made it successful. TikTok is a copy of vine & that’s why it blew so much. Getting inspired is different & copying is different. Vine was vine, tiktok is tiktok & we need byte TO BE byte & not another tiktok alike. that’s my point : )

2 Likes

Defo agree with 3, even tho I have 1k followers, it is ever so decreasing over time therefore, I am becoming a shadow of my former self

2 Likes

@PDSC We need a new algorithm fr!

3 Likes

Definitely :triumph::joy:

1 Like

All of these are great ideas, but I think that the dislike button with a hidden count (only visible to the account owners) would be useful. This way creators can understand whether their content is appreciated enough.

1 Like

first of all welcome to the forums it’s alway great to see new faces and hopefully this reply is helpful

1. this is coming eventually and they will be able to be toggled on and off
  2. This is just my opinion but I think limiting what Byte can and can’t be is not a goo idea (that’s just my personal opinion) the numbers are down right not with and we don’t have an outstanding number of users so clearly what we have now needs improvement (no shade) so I’m ready for any changes and experiments to come it’s for the greater good
  3. Engagement is bad for big creators too really, the app is still in it’s infancy stages. Numbers will come so fro now just have fun with it.
  4. There will be changes to come to the comment section but it’s not gonna be soon. According to Dom this is not a priority for now (mostly because they are working on new user retention for now)
  5. Yes
  6. Yes and Yes however make the number toggleable
  7. Yes and it has alredy been asked multiple times
    Notifications
  8. Yes
  9. Yes (this should honestly be a thread on it’s own)
  10. that could be handy if you have a second account
  11. Byte is not Vine, Byte is not TikTok, Byte is Byte and will keep evolving more as the months go on
  12. this is coming
    *byte bulletin #2*
  13. This is coming
  14. We do though…
  15. Not yet Dom made a post about this a while ago that I feel people (not saying you lol you just got here lol) are quick to look over but what he says is very true and I agree with him, check this link out when you have the chance it’s a good read. (it’s the first reply)
    Dom how’s the marketing process going on?
  16. No, experimenting is good and I hope you read the reasoning on why this will be a TEST and like I said Byte will be changing in many ways we are in a liquid state at the moment right now things will come and go and well keep testing things. We are still in the process of finding the perfect mix. As of now we are all part of 2 groups Beta Testers and Early adopters and we have the privilege of being here early and try some things that might not make it to version 1.0.

Hopefully this helps answer a few questions and hopefully be part of this community for the long run :grin:

8 Likes

@Acadrien Really appreciate your points, bro! Looking forward for these to happen ASAP!

1 Like

I can definitely see your enthusiasm for this platform, and I like it. Most of the features you mentioned have been discussed before and there are plans to implement them, but not at the moment. Dom and the dev team have a specific list of priorities feature-wise, with their top priorities being user-retention and testing out the three big “controversial” changes (#1 was 8 to 16 seconds, #2 was the dislike button for recommendation control, #3 is unknown at the moment but we’ll probably find out soon).

Therefore, I want to inform you that these recommendations may take a while to be implemented, possibly longer than you might expect. However, the community and the devs are definitely aware of all the great points you made, so remember to be patient, as many of these features will come eventually. :blush:

3 Likes

I understand you man but it been almost 4 months since the app came out so give it time for these updates to come. Usually when something new comes out, it starts out small

1 Like

Alright, linking everything! This app is new and hasn’t been a full year… so it’ll take time to implement these features and some of the features are coming/similar post ideas have been answered.

1. Follower/following counts you can toggle on and off in your profile
  2. Update on 16 sec
  3. Algorithm update
  4. Comment Update
  5. Editing Tool update
  6. No update on rebyte count but you can get notifications. Honestly, I think it’s not necessary to have a rebyte counter! (Should he kept hidden)
  7. Notifications…
  8. Changing email — impossible but…
  9. Beat idea
  10. Bio customization
  11. Lol, Byte is Byte… it is not Vine 2.0
  12. Clickable Links
  13. Again, editing
  14. Cool thread I found that will assist your question
  15. Marketing
  16. I suggest reading dom comments about dislike options

Also, welcome to the forum :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

i HEAVILY agree with almost all of these points! i especially agree with 11 & 14!!!

i slightly agree with 1; it should be an option, but not manditory.
i also disagree with 6, just bc i don’t want a rebyte counter to spark another war for rebytes and spam…

otherwise, GREAT POST!!
i honestly think that byte could use a complete makeover, and u seem to agree : )

4 Likes

i think the algorithm is fine, i have 200 followers and have been doing pretty well.

1 Like