New song concept

A friend of mine posted an instrumental jazz track the other day on instagram. The track was super jazzy and it inspired me. Shortly after hearing the whole track I decided to attempt to freestyle some lyrics over it and came up with this. I’d like to create a music video for it at some point. Song concept: https://soundcloud.com/matthew-fogarty/winter-time

oh and be sure to check out my friend who wrote the music instagram: www.instagram.com/pianoaround

12 Likes

Cool. Is this byte related or just off topic? Either way neat song.

Just something I do in my spare time. Thanks.

2 Likes

I ended up quite liking it… a music video with some improvements would be nice infact!

2 Likes

thats really cool! it has a cuco vibe to it! id love to see a video / have a full length one. it may not be everyones pop/punk cup of tea but I love the chill jazz-step esque vibe of this kind of music.

2 Likes

omg this is so chill and calming… i could fall asleep to this (in the good way). nice one matt👌🏼

1 Like

Your friend is really talented, and I think it’s cool how their track inspired you enough to freestyle. You have a nice voice, Matt. Reminds me a little of Ben Howard.

2 Likes

Yeah, i know what you mean. I think the tempo could be tighter and lyrics more defined. Once I’m done making the video I’ll decide if I’ll do anything major. At the very least I’ll try to get the stems and mix it and just keep the same vocal, kind of fun to be sloppy sometimes :man_shrugging:. Thanks.

2 Likes

All the best man!

You’re friends with piano around the world!?

1 Like

whoa

Yeah, he has an amazing story. Very kind person. I recommending looking him up on YouTube.

1 Like

There were other days like this other day. But now it’s winter time day :snowflake::snowflake:
If you make a MV make it in drawings.

1 Like

This is what I’ll be playing when I’m driving on the road at 12am on some nice fluffy crunchy snow as it’s falling from a purple amonius sky

1 Like

Haha. Should be corrected. I sometimes will write half the post on my phone and the other on my Mac. No real excuse for these types of typos of course.

1 Like

I should contact you for lyric writing. I appreciate your response and thank you for the support. I know the jazzy stuff is different from what people might expect, but it’s really fun to sing/write over.

1 Like

I usually do that too, haha

1 Like

Dude, he’s one of my go-to guys to watch when I’m procrastinating!

1 Like

What recording software do you use

1 Like

Logic Pro x

2 Likes