So @BJerraji was talking about unique features that would help Byte stand out from other apps, and it got me thinking. What if users could respond to a byte with their own byte?
The idea is that if a user likes someone’s byte enough, they can take that 6 second byte and add their own 6 seconds to it, making it become a 12 second looping video.
- Smaller creators can respond to popular videos to have their own videos seen by more people.
- Larger creators get their videos seen by more people.
- It would be like a rebyte that involves more work.
- It will create more engagement between users, which makes for a closer community.
- The creative ideas that will come out of it. Such as continuing a video to add a plot twist.
- This is the most important point in my opinion. It creates the potential for memes and templates (especially if the responding user can use ghost mode for the video they’re responding to). As we know, everyone has fun with memes, and they have the potential to become popular outside of the app, which will draw more users towards Byte.
- Some videos will be longer than 6 seconds.
- It might start reaction videos, which not everyone will like.
I would propose that these videos should have a special symbol that lets you know it’s a response video while you’re scrolling. Users have the option to hide response videos from their feed altogether, or on a per person basis. All likes, rebytes and loops to the response video automatically go toward the original video too. Both user’s profiles will appear on the bottom of the byte so that they both get credit. The original creator has the option to turn off responses to their byte if they wish.
I know 12 second videos sounds radical. But it would really only be 2, 6 second videos in a 12 second loop. For those of you who are still against that. There is also the idea of keeping the two videos separate, but have them appear one after another in the feed so that you see the origin video first, and the response video second.
This is just an idea I had on a whim. But the more I think about it the more I like it. Let me know what you guys think!