We are experimenting with a new “Wiki” category. You can probably see the two new posts I just made into it.
Here’s how it works:
- Unlike normal topics, wiki topics are similar to pages. They are all about collectively editing the main post, rather than replying with new posts.
- Anyone with TL3 (“Expert”) or higher can edit the content of a wiki topic.
- Anyone with TL3 or higher can also submit a new wiki topic, but it must be approved by moderators.
- The Community Wiki topic can be considered the “home” or “index” topic. Use this topic to create jumping off points into other topics.
- Make sure to click the wrench, and hit “Make Wiki” before you finalize your post (or after) to make it an editable post.
If this is a little confusing, that’s okay. Wikis usually are. But the general idea is that the community can work together to organize information in a way that’s easy to parse and navigate for new and existing users alike.
Assuming the experiment works, we will make light suggestions but ultimately it will likely be up to the moderators and the community’s power users to come up with a flexible organization system that makes sense.
P.S. We will see about lifting or adjusting the TL restrictions in the future, but want to see how this plays out first.