New Creators Button. Like The Spotlight

So just a thought… What if there was a spot that new creators could post there first couple of Bytes so that everyone else could see them so we could like and follow and support them? And like I dont know expire in a week… Or something. But only new creators can put something in there. Ideas??

15 Likes

Latest kinda works

7 Likes

Well the latest is only there for moments this could hold them for a while a day or week and this is for New creators

3 Likes

Do you mean kinda like Creator on the Rise on YouTube?

7 Likes

Well sort of but it will only hold there post for a limited time they have to be new and it can be like 2 or maybe 3 post

3 Likes

This would also bring support there way where they are encouraged to make more bytes and stay longer as long as people are there for them

6 Likes

i like it :+1:t5:

4 Likes

Yeah! Thatd be cool

1 Like

I get the intent, but like the sheer amount of new creators is crazy, and I’m not sure this would work at scale.

For example, say we get a new category called “introductions”, and all new people can make one byte that goes to introduce themselves. Imagine if we had like even 20 new users a day - they’d drown themselves out. Now imagine if Byte blows up. It’d go super fast like Latest.

I mean, at present, Spotlight is predominantly used to showcase up and coming creators, and I think it does that job well.

I think the problem here is that lots of people come here and create right away, and that’s not a problem. The problem is giving all of them the opportunity to have “some spotlight time” - which again, would be really hard to do at scale.

10 Likes

everyone would just make a new account to post every time lol

11 Likes

I also get the intent. I think possibly a better integration of showcasing new byters could be a badge on their profiles like how beta users have a badge and partners have a badge. Just a thought. Love that we’re all brainstorming ways to welcome new people to the platform!

6 Likes

I could see that but how can I find that new creator? Where can I go to find someone new right now?

3 Likes

Ehhh… it’s better implementing some type of label on corner video saying it’s the user “first post” :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Yes something that lets us know hey this is a new person welcome them…

3 Likes

I like the idea of helping new creators and encouraging them. Maybe a spotlight for new creators instead? Where the byte staff hand picks bytes like with spotlight, but only creators with like x many or less followers. And new people could use a hashtag to draw attention of the staff? Idk just throwing ideas out

7 Likes

Definitely what I have noticed and I went through almost a 1000 of people that I followed I found that most posted a couple of times got no love and support and stopped posting most of there last post were 2 mo old. So they came here from somewhere else hoping to get the approval they didnt get where they came from found out they were snubbed here to and left. Its a shame but its true… As for this app and community to grow we can’t let that happen… This community is too awesome for that to happen… Too many get left unnoticed :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

I totally agree! We always need to be looking for new people

3 Likes

That is why I am always in the latest section… I had to actually put on my page not a bot cause I had been asked so many times…

3 Likes

What we need is to keep testing till we find something that works well enough to hold retention of users…

3 Likes

Oh I understood :facepunch: I know where you were coming from :blush:

1 Like