New Artist -- Why You Should Follow Me on v2 (And I'll Follow Back!)

Hello, v2 community! My name is Paul, I’m 24 years old (and a graduate student), and I plan on making content here on v2 as a new artist. I guess you could say I lived under a rock for three years because I didn’t even know what v2’s predecessor was until late 2016. :wink: I was sad that I missed the opportunity to post on v2’s predecessor but I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of v2!

I already have a number of scripts ready to shoot. Although I won’t post any material until v2 comes out, I will say that all the scripts I’ve written so far are based on my personal life. One thing you should know about me – and one of the biggest reasons I plan to be active on v2 – is that I still live at home with my parents, unfortunately. (I’ve had a ton of trouble finding a job in my area, but I haven’t given up hope yet.) My dad is what you call extremely out of touch and an authoritarian parent – and much of my content will focus on the challenge of being in my mid-20’s but still being treated as if I was 12 (or younger).

It might not seem all that funny in writing, but I bet you’ll find my content hilarious because I don’t think anyone else has done this sort of thing before. The best comparison to my content would be the type of comedy in the TV shows “Seinfeld” and “Curb Your Enthusiasm.” One script that I’ve written, which is a semi-true story (slightly exaggerated for comedic effect), involves me not being allowed to go to a party at a fast-food restaurant because my dad feels the restaurant is “dangerous.”

Anyway, I’m hoping for nothing but great things to come out of v2! My username will be @paullopez21 and you can find me on Twitter under that same handle. I’ll follow back whoever wants to follow me on v2.

11 Likes

welcome to the community! i’m excited to see what you have in store for v2 with your scripts! :))

3 Likes

Thank you, amelia! What kind of content do you plan to put out? And who were your favorite artists from v2’s predecessor?

2 Likes

It sounds like we live the same life. lol I’m 24, a graduate student, and I still live at home too…unfortunately. I plan to move out though by the summer if I get the job I’m aiming for. Hopefully v2 works out for us though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey bro :call_me_hand:t3:, Welcome to the family :heart:

I like what you wrote, i wanna watch your videos and i love the comedy of “Seinfield”, I wanna heard the time that you didn’t go to that restaurant, sounds interesting

My :vine::two: User will be @ThomyBalca

3 Likes

Joe, we should do a collab when this app comes out! That’s crazy that you’re also my age and a grad student as well and living at home! I’ll definitely follow you on v2 if you follow me as well.

2 Likes

comedy/relatable things/skits. also, what do you mean by ‘predecessor’?

1 Like

Hey Thomy, thanks for the welcome! :smile: Yeah, you can hear all about the time I couldn’t go to the restaurant when I post the video here on v2. That may actually be my first video!

2 Likes

I mean “v*ne,” amelia! That’s good that you also like comedy!

1 Like

I’ll be waiting for it :wink:

2 Likes

We totally should! I know, what a small world. haha Of course man, I’ll definitely give you a follow!

2 Likes

probably tooturnttina or enjajaja

2 Likes

@joe4893 Please check your Twitter and/or Instagram, Joe. I want to get in touch with you and reached out to you on both of those platforms but I don’t have the ability to do it here on v2 just yet. I saw several of your videos on Instagram. Your sense of humor is very, very similar to mine. I may not have a big following right now, but I do think we would both benefit creatively from working with each other on v2.

1 Like

Awesome, can’t wait to see you videos

2 Likes

Thanks, @Breahcaleo!

2 Likes

Sounds cool! Hope to be there

2 Likes

I like to discover users organically, but it doesn’t hurt to put yourself out there, if it’s done respectfully. All the best!

2 Likes

Hi Paul! First off, welcome to the community and second I will keep my eyes out for you (hopefully I won’t forget you, since my memory is as bad as dory‘s from finding nemo :joy:). Your situation really reminds me a lot of mine, since I sort of have a bit of a typical african dad and I think i‘ll be able to relate to a loooot​:joy:! And I just love watching things things that I can relate ytoo. So i can’t wait to see your content in the future!!

2 Likes

Hey @christyonce follow me on Twitter. I’m @paullopez21 (same as here). That way you don’t forget about me and you’ll know when I debut my first video. I always like hearing about people who are in similar situations as me. I honestly didn’t expect that here in the v2 community.

2 Likes

It defintely sounds like there could be some potential. Maybe someone big from netflix will pick it up. Keep at it

1 Like