Never Lose Confidence

I’ve heard some of my friends on Byte that their losing confidence in their work. Does anybody have tips to give them if they’re a small creator and their page is slowly growing. I always say patience is key and a huge audience doesn’t grow overnight so you got to keep pushing. Any other tips?

17 Likes

Tell them to love the process. Because it’s never about the goal but the journey that gets you there along the way!

7 Likes

I struggle with this too sometimes. I try to remember the people that inspire me and who I developed my sense of humor from and stay true to what I think is funny. If I make myself laugh or chuckle at a Byte then that’s all that matters really.

7 Likes

Setting expectations are leads to disappointments. Good to have goals but if the goals isn’t something external, likes views and likes and followers, then it’s authentic and tends to leads to less disappointment :blush::gift_heart:

5 Likes

I would tell them to surround themselves with the best people that they can offline to support them. It is hard to find genuine support online only. (Byte is however one of the best online support places I have seen). I am NOT a good humor person. If I were going down the humor path I think watching people like Henryandemma would be positive and inspiring.

3 Likes

Awww - thanks for saying - mean a lot :gift_heart:

3 Likes

Find out what makes you happy about creating. Make sure it’s not just because you want to get famous or you want to see numbers, because if thats all it is, you’ll find no joy in anything other than instant success (which doesnt come often). Find out why else you enjoy creating. Make that the main focus, your own happiness and joy. At the end of the day, that’s all that matters and that’s how you’ll always keep good confidence

2 Likes

Yesss, I couldnt agree more!!

2 Likes

Look at your last Byte Henry: “You don’t need everyone”. That is great wisdom right there. “Just a few”. That is wisdom and you know it is true.

2 Likes

Just keep on rolling with the punches – I made s thread a while back on how to extend your audience reach, and I think it’s still relevant today.

Imagine growing your Byte like trying to get lean and have a six pack. Working out is half of it – but what do people always say? 50% of abs are made in the kitchen. As good as your content can be, it’s nothing if you still eat poorly – you’ve gotta engage with the community, comment on other people’s stuff, join creator circles and collaborate! Work together, lift each other up. That’s what I’ve found works best.

Those two together – fire content and also creator networking (not just rbr stuff) – are what make a good page :).

3 Likes

The story with that quote is that emma’s Teacher always share quotes and she told me about it so we made it. It’s her voice and the bananas were my idea - “food for thoughts” :blush::gift_heart:

3 Likes

I struggle with this, but I sometimes take a break so I don’t overwork myself, Im back and confidence, planning my great comeback on byte, shooting some bytes and focus on quality.

2 Likes

Patience, hard work, sometimes wine helps lol jk.

But anyway, keep practicing, keep working, and keep dreaming, because one day, just one day, it will come true. That’s what I say to myself before I go to sleep everynight.

1 Like

It’s better to keep working hard and persevering because rather than having a temporary big audience for clout, which is fleeting, it’s better to gain an audience over time that’s loyal and build a mini community. That’s what motivates me.

2 Likes

Patience & persistence :old_key::old_key::old_key:

I need advice :pleading_face:

As long as they love what they make they shouldn’t lose confidence. Get :clap: that :clap: self :clap: love :clap: :sunglasses::ok_hand:

2 Likes