Negativity Around Big/Old Content Creators

I have noticed several posts on the forums saying things like “I hope the old viners or big content creators dont join this app.” or “I hope this person doesn’t come on V2”

We can’t knock down anyone for using the app, whether they are new or old, small or big. As long as they follow the rules, they are fine. If you don’t want to watch their content, you can just ignore it. BTW, I think the “Nope” button might help with that.

As for bigger content creators having an advantage, or them running V2; Yes, they will have the advantage of followers, and we can’t deny that. But I think dom is working hard to make sure that smaller creators don’t go unnoticed. Also, at the same time, you can’t punish people for having a huge amount of followers. Not everyone with a huge is a bad person.

why do you think people have this negativity built around people who have a great amount of followers?

16 Likes

I think there’s a mix of reasons behind people not wanting former viners to come to v2. Some people seem to want to keep the platform fresh and avoid it becoming just another way for the big kids to make money. Some people obviously want to make it big and know that’ll be harder for them if the big names come back. I personally am happy for anyone to use to the app, as I know that the big names will draw in the numbers, and there will be a trickle down effect for smaller users.

7 Likes

i am with my own opinion i dont want to point anything not want to make this as a statement but here i guess most of them are small creators they are here because they want chance to show there talent there skills there identity its not much to ask but when bigger creators come, obviously viewers will turn up to them because they are famous and they want to see what they are doing new so yes they can subscribe to us also and them also but their is this small drag were aa look he is new to the platform and stuff
what i am trying to say is old creators will have more chance to shine than us coz they have experience, equipments and fame which don’t have its like running in the race from the beginning and they are near to the finish line so this will be again kind off lika a Youtube.
it will be kind of hard so lets What will happen we cant do anything about it but ya thats the truth

5 Likes

I don’t think it will be much harder. Sure, they might have some experience, but I dont think quality matters too much on V2. If you look at many of the popular vines, most of them were recorded on a phone with no pro gear, etc.

6 Likes

I agree with @FaizalDawx here. Sure, bigger creators may have better equipment, but so many of the most memorable vines were made in the moment with only the phone in their pocket. I think it will be the content itself that will shine through, regardless of what you make it on.

6 Likes

You can input your feedback but do not list any specific artist

2 Likes

Haahaaa you are the Monitor of v2 Forum

3 Likes

Bumping, it needs more recognition :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

oh my god this was in JANUARY OF 2018 lol. ahaa we making accurate predictions about the future

3 Likes

u a prophet lemme rub yo crystal balls

2 Likes

I wanna co-sign this and propose that we build some sort of community policing/self-check where we try to avoid using judgemental language towards other creators.

I think in these situations that it’s important to acknowledge that when you have stakes in something, it’s difficult to have an objective viewpoint of our peers.

Maybe it’s like this; “Creators First” means mutual respect.

7 Likes