Neefy ACTUALLY Gets Fit

Déjà vu? I know, I can explain.

To be as concise as possible, I hit my lowest point right at the start of my fitness routine last July/August cos of personal stuff. The timing was really frustrating since I was initially so motivated, but the toll it took rendered me unmotivated and uninspired. So, to be honest with everyone, I gave up. And it did feel like a failure and huge let down to all you guys that commented, supported me, uplifted me etc. So just wanna say, I’m sorry for letting you down.

BUT. New Year, New Neef :smirk:

This year I’ve made a personal goal to workout semi-regularly. No pressure to deliver, perform or have to keep at it every single day. I’ll be documenting whenever I happen to workout for this year and hopefully I do get into a good rhythm! And if not, then no worries cos this year I’m tryna learn to forgive myself a lot more. With all that said, I’d love to share my fitness journey once again and hopefully inspire even just one person:) I look forward to the rest of this year!

21 Likes

you didnt let anyone down AT ALL. we’d be disappointing if u decided to care more about us than ur own health and well being. you did REALLY good, and losing motivation because of personal stuff is completely understandable and human.

:sunglasses: looking forward to this year

9 Likes

Thank you so much Faizal, comments like that genuinely alleviate so much guilt and pressure I’ve put on myself. Thank you for understanding:) :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I need to get back into things other than cardio. Keep each other honest?

2 Likes

Yes please, a workout buddy I can be completely transparent with is someone I need so badly. Are discord DMs ok?

2 Likes

Yeah!

2 Likes

You missed out on the opportunity to say turning over a new neef :weary: And thats really good to hear man. Its tough to get back into it but once you do you just feel better overall mentally and physically!

4 Likes

Damn it I’ll do that for 2022 :tired_face: and totally agree! I really wanna get back into my fitness consistency, even if it isn’t every single day of the year. Just wanna move more:)

3 Likes

This actually gives me inspiration to keep going thank you @neefy we all fall down it’s the get back up that matters …

3 Likes

So true, all that matters is how many time you get back up. That’s awesome you found it inspiring tho I’m really glad :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Jan 4th
-Should say today was the 3rd day of yoga this month
-Regaining flexibility and ‘looseness’ in my back, feels great

2 Likes

Jan 5th
-Day 4 of yoga done, was a more relaxing and breath oriented session
-Felt super good to control my breath with my movements
-Also did day 1 of Chloe Ting’s 2021 challenge
-Shit was H A R D but I did it :smirk:

4 Likes

Jan 6th
-Day 5 of yoga done, this was slightly more difficult cos there were some moves I’m just not that flexible to do yet
-I gave it my best shot tho
-Day 2 of Chloe Ting’s 2021 challenge done today and omfg my arms/shoulders were dying

1 Like

So, I’ve been keeping up my cardio basically daily, but let the rest basically drop.
I’ll message youse privately re:my food and eating as that’s a TLDR type of thing but

DAY ONE FOR ME-
Started day one of Chloe Ting’s 2021 flat tum challenge.
Did Adriene’s yoga for flexibility for my cool down.
Walked roughly 2 miles to my local starbucks and back because I get a free drink/food mark out each day and who am I to turn down free food.
Also purchased blogilates like 12 week journal thing. I’ll probably slap up my metrics on here- I’m not necessarily expecting much reduction because I’m fairly sure I’m as close to skinny as my body type will support healthily. It’s all about toning and maybe bulking a little, which is my main struggle rn.

1 Like

Jan 7th
-Day 6 of yoga done, it was a very abs oriented session and I am in pain
-But it’s a good burning pain
-Very late but got Day 3 of Chloe Ting’s 2021 workout done
-My abs have faced hell today

3 Likes

Day 2 of Chloe Ting. I used 3 lb weights for the second work out. My arms are usually noodles- now they are overcooked.
30 minutes of cardio, as per. Now’s as good as time as any to mention I generally set it at a 2% incline, 4.5 miles an hour.
Cooled down with a cute little 10 minute neck, back, arm video from Adriene.

My glutes. They burn from yesterday.

I also actually drank the recommended amount of water for a person my size, which is rare. So, yay for that.

2 Likes

Jan 8th
-Was super busy all day cos I got a deadline on Tuesday
-Day 7 of yoga done, it’s been a really fast week can’t lie
-Progress check tho; my flexibility has massively improved, I can bend down and touch mah toes again woo
-My hip flexors also just aren’t as tight anymore and my back is looser
-Day 4 of Chloe Ting’s 2021 challenge also got done late again, but done nonetheless
-My glutes are on fire ;-;

2 Likes

Just reading a newsletter from Dr Eades, and one topic is “goal” vs “system “. A goal by definition has an expiration date, but a system has none, and your “goals” can be met by utilizing your system! How cool is that? Enjoy your new “system” in 2021, it’ll be great!:muscle::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

thanks, same to you:)

1 Like

Did Chloe ting day 3. Did 30 minutes cardio. Drank the necessary water. Didn’t have enough protein today. Will suffer for it.

1 Like