My video was removed from category

Hi, my video was removed from cinematic category as it is a short movie kinda https://byte.co/b/1ZQkeCsj1Jd here is the link. If it is not suppose to be there then where should I post. It takes a lot of time to make and edit it plus the subtitles and removing the video from the category without any notice of why that is not fair according to me please look for the video

2 Likes

If it doesnt fit in a category, you dont have to post it to one :slight_smile: you can just have it unlisted, and if you think theres a category that your video fits in that doesnt exist you can suggest it on the suggestion thread / google doc

And after checking our your video, it seems like it wouldnt quite fit the cinematic vibe. Even though it’s a skit, it’s not a short movie. It would much better fit into /funny

3 Likes

But it’s perfect according to the /cinematic Rules and description

1 Like

While the rules may be interpreted differently, you can scroll through the videos that are posted and featured in cinematic, and they are more focused on real cinematography, and the art of camera positioning. Your video was more of a skit, that features a joke. Since the main focal point was the funny punchline, instead of the cinematography, /funny would be the proper placement. (But given that there are a lot of sketch videos, you could always suggest a channel just for those kinds of funny videos :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

But nothing was a joke in it. It’s a short movie

I mean you can see the other videos in the cinematic category. It’s meant to be more about visually being like a film

4 Likes

I guess then the description should be changed right? Cause I thought to upload a short film on it as it said. My mistake

No the description says “artfully shot” which I think is a perfect description of it

4 Likes

Artful shots and edited short-short films

Artfully shot and edited short films, not or

3 Likes

And means both. So visually appealing/artfully shot PLUS like an edited short film

3 Likes

https://byte.co/b/IT1YmeVBuQL Can this video be on it then?

1 Like

Yes, do you believe it doesnt fit in cinematic?

1 Like

Yes, perfect example.

But your video feels like more like a /funny or other category; it doesn’t give me motion pictures vibe.

3 Likes

I also agree so three times the charm haha

2 Likes

That probably could but it fits more with found footage

5 Likes

Yessss

Referring to the second link

2 Likes

I’d agree except that it’s not just footage thrown in. He edits all the footage together to make it seem like a short film. Puts a lil story behind it

5 Likes

true there’s a grey area and could probably pick either for that

2 Likes