My mom has a brain tumor

only time i was hoping for covid.

i wanted to make this for everyone being so supportive and because all i can do right now is hurry up and wait and i love you all. you’re my only friends.

so…

today my mom went to the hospital with stroke-like symptoms only to find out she has a 2.3cm tumor on the right side of her brain. that’s really all we know for now. she is currently in the icu alone because i am not allowed to stay with her due to covid.

they have her on steroids to reduce the swelling. MRI at some point this morning and then likely an operation and months of treatment. she is speaking with just a slight slur. she can’t really feel her left arm which she keeps referring to as her dead arm. a bit confused. very tired. they won’t let her eat yet because they want to make sure she doesn’t choke.

there is not much we can do but wait for more information. i am laying in bed angry that i can’t be there and make sure i can communicate with doctors.

send good vibes to my mom. she needs them.

34 Likes

I hope she gets well in ICU…that actually sucks, having to know that someone has a tumor during a stroke :pensive:

6 Likes

Hope she gets well soon :relieved:

3 Likes

I’m sending all my love to you guys :heart: I hope your mom gets better!

3 Likes

As a person that has gone thru a similar situation with their moms (she got cancer 2 times) the only advice that I can give is. Stay strong and I hope she gets well soon☺️

3 Likes

Hopefully things turn out for the better. I appreciate you coming out to the community, if you ever need anything we’re all here for you. Tell her a Byte stranger said to get well soon :heart:

3 Likes

All prayers to you and your family. May she get well soon :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Holding you in the light sweetheart.
Here if needed.
Rest if possible get your energy up, so u can be :100: for when you can visit with your ma.

3 Likes

no mom update other than she has started to have something called focal seizures. and she doesn’t want to fight it. hospice has been mentioned. she doesn’t want chemo. she doesn’t want surgery. she keeps talking about how to divide belongings and that she sold her body to a university for research. no memorial. this is her 4th occurrence of cancer. she doesn’t want to fight it. i am having a hard time accepting that. but i can pretend to for her. i love you guys. i would be lost without this outlet right now. :blue_heart:

10 Likes

Good luck. I’m sorry. I’m glad you have this as an outlet. I wish you and your mom well.

2 Likes

We’ll always be here for you, we love you, & wish you and your mom well :two_hearts:

1 Like

This is so heartbreaking :disappointed: praying and we are here for you

1 Like

I hope she is happy and out of pain soon. Your love for her is palpable and she knows how much you care. She will always be with you, and our love and energy for you is there, too. Vent to us as much as you need darling. :purple_heart:

1 Like

i feel like i’m dying. i wish i knew how long we had.

1 Like

Man this is so rough, I’m sorry
Is she still refusing treatments ?
How old is your Mom ?
Hugs to you :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

:pleading_face: Im so sorry. I wish I could do something but I feel so helpless knowing I can’t. We’re here for you, all of us.

2 Likes

This has got to be one of the toughest things you’ll go through in life. I’ve been in the hospital now for 30+ days now and I can tell you it would be a lot more bearable if I could just have family and friends in the room. The isolation sucks. Just be there for her, FaceTime, call, text, obviously. And know even though this is an overwhelming stressful time in your life, have the belief in your head that she’ll be fine and everything will end up good. Keep those positive vibes. I’ll be thinking of her and you. Hang in there.

2 Likes

she is refusing treatment. we are just going to make her time as good as we can.

@rommie i love you. :heartbeat:

4 Likes

:orange_heart: I’m sorry you’re going through this. My mom had a scare last week and made it clear she wasn’t doing chemo again. I felt so sick waiting to know what was going to happen it’s a feeling that is indescribable. I’m so sorry you and your family have to go through this. I’m so sorry your mom has to go through this during COVID.

2 Likes

thank you so much. i’m so glad your mom made it through and you didn’t have to go through that hardship. i’m trying to just get high enough to be numb.

1 Like