My idea for monetization

So I was Verified on Tik Tok and they had approached me about ideas. Since they banned me I can now share my ideas with anyone without worry. My proposal to Tik Tok, which was under serious consideration, was to have a “Boost Me” Link with the fire :fire: emoji as the click label link. So how would boost me work? So the Fire vids would be heavily promoted by the Byte app and be shown on everyone’s My Mix page until it reaches a set amount of views, 1000 views for 5 bucks, then it would stop being promoted until the next time you or one of your fans buys a Boost Me for your video. Each video would be treated differently. The video will be the first video you see when you first open the Byte app. The cost would be $5 dollars to do a Boost Me that will give your video 1000 guaranteed views by different users that do not follow you. You will always get a lil extra but never less than 1000 views. Each view will be from a different account. In other words 1000 new viewers will see your video. These 1000 viewers are not following you. Your followers will not see the promoted video only users who have never followed you thus helping you grow your account immensely. Now here’s why this beats live feeds and gifts. In live feeds people beg for gifts. Let’s face it it’s boring and dull but if you make amazing content then guess what? Your followers will happily boost you for just 5 bucks! Forget begging for gifts! If you’re content is good people will happily pay the 5 bucks to show their support for you! Getting your video out to 1000 new people who could potentially become new fans with every boost can have a huge impact on small creators who are trying to get people to see their work. Now out of the 5 bucks 2 bucks goes to the video creator and the rest stays with Byte. This will encourage everyone to be serious about creating great content, not just posting to post something. This will be awesome for businesses as well to help them promote their brands. You could even boost yourself for 3 bucks instead of 5 bucks. The money will all go straight to Byte. The money you earn from others promoting your videos can be used to make new promotions on your videos, promote other creators you are a fan of, or Byte can send you the money you earned via PayPal once you reach a set amount like 25 bucks or more. The creativity of my idea is endless and videos can be boosted endlessly causing a real organic viral effect. The videos will all go in a que and you will receive an in-app notification once your video is live on the My Mix page. For businesses they can pay extra to have video go out at certain peek times or even go out by regions. There is no limit to where this can go with both businesses and creators.

4 Likes

You can buy views on tiktok through other apps. Its usually bots though . So people pay for fake engagement. At least this idea is actual engagment. The problem would be that it sounds like a pay to win scheme which isn’t very healthy for genuine engagement and building a genuine community. Still, Its an idea that would work…i guess

25 Likes

The engagement is still real and yes it’s Pay per view but it’s like you are a commercial for yourself. If people really love your stuff it will grow organically because you will get real likes and real followers that are actually interested in your content. It’s like a TV commercial. Not everyone will like it but you still watch to see what it is. I’m glad I never got the chance to sign with Tik Tok in a way. They make it hard for their creators to do things on other platforms and all they do is steal your ideas for their own benefit not the creators.

2 Likes

Yeah I get it. It makes sense. And I like an aspect if it. generation of money internally is good thinking . However I’m just saying Pay to Win models are seen in a negative light. Promotes class divide. Wealthier people gain more views etc. Maybe a ‘Gift’ version of the idea would be more positive, but then you could make fake accounts and gift yourself … doesn’t sound like a fair model… you can pay to win on all the big apps, and that’s kinda part of their problem… rich white content going to the top

13 Likes

Also another thing you could do for monetization is make it to where stars can be redeemed for cash or vice versa?

4 Likes

No❤️

15 Likes

Rich people always have an advantage but if the content sucks idc how much money you have it just won’t gain the kind of traction that someone who truly works hard to make good content will get. People are not dumb. They will choose to help and support who they truly love not just anybody.

1 Like

I been meaning to ask what do the stars mean?

1 Like

I guess for now it’s like a fun little way to see you numbers go up like snap chat I guess. But dom did say they were looking at other ways to pay creators and possibly getting people merch etc.

6 Likes

This would squash newer creators who don’t have the funds to boost, and if hundreds of people boosted, that’s pretty much your entire feed and the people who you actually want to see will be put down. It’s an idea, but I can’t say I agree with the model for it. It would also people to start begging for gifts and money and boosts. The app was founded on creativity, not greed and ego.

27 Likes

Nothing. They mean zilch

2 Likes

Think of all the businesses that came out strong with big money tons of commercials and ended up being bankrupt after everything failed. Money will only help you get so far. You need to find that audience that truly appreciates what you are about. At the end of the day you are your own brand.

1 Like

You earn stars as your followers/loops/watched loops go up. Only you can see them, and they are just for fun right now. In the future, they MIGHT be used towards getting extra profile customization, etc

11 Likes

Yeah I hear you. But it’s less about brand for BYTE and more about community and niche. Untill byte decides to change and sell out, it’s creativity 1st

4 Likes

Ahhh they always made me think of spend able points/currency!

2 Likes

Monetization has to happen for any app. This I think is a fair way to do that. It’s better than seeing a Live feed full of beggars. Here your videos that are good have a real shot. The system will not put out the vids all at once only one at a time til it gets 1K views the roll out the next one. You will not see promoted vids from people you already follow only from new people that you could potentially like and follow. It will drive engagement to the roof and keep people on this app longer.

1 Like

This is totally different to selling out. You have the same chances as big business because it’s you and your followers working as a team to help you grow. Then you can in turn help them grow. For Tik aTok to call me about this I’m sure I hit on something. Plus look at Likee. They already did a boost type thing. There’s is nothing like what Im proposing. Likee Boost only benefits those with deep pockets. My Boost Me feature would benefit everyone. It’s never gonna be perfect but it can be changed and altered and made even better but we have to start somewhere. Monetization is inevitable.

1 Like

Don’t you think if people were forced to watch content they would just start looking away? I never look at my mix page already.

6 Likes

That is a choice you have but that is how you meet new creators, make new friends, get ideas for your own videos, etc… Most people are just followers of trends and that is why Tik Tok blew up because it’s easy for non tech savvy people to just watch a vid, get an idea, pick up their phones, and hit record. You gotta make it easy for the masses. This idea is about engagement throughout the app in a way that has never been done before.

1 Like

And tiktok called you about this you say?

2 Likes