My forum sendoff!

Hey everyone,

I never really used the forums as much as some of the next person, but in joining the forums I was able to join a fantastic community that helped me meet such a vast array of great people on various social media platforms. It is a little bittersweet seeing the place of conception of my Byte journey coming to a close, but I am happy that it happened. Byte might not have been the app that we all envisioned it being, but as the saying goes: it’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey. I haven’t used Byte in quite some time and don’t plan on it anytime soon, but I also don’t plan on deleting that gold beta icon off of my phone so that I can take a trip down memory lane.

I have a couple people I want to talk about/thank specifically:

@dom: I’m not sure what emotions you have towards Byte now, but just know that you have impacted our lives more than you would know (maybe in much less quantity than Vine, but still). Thank you for all the time and effort you’ve put into the app, the community, and us over the years. The place that I am at now would’ve been very different without your decision to make Byte.

@Benf: You were the first person on Byte whose content I actively and thoroughly enjoyed, and I think you were also the first friend I made on here. I appreciate how welcoming you were when I first started hopping in Byte vc’s and I’m glad I can still call you my friend. You may or may not know this, but I attribute our early interactions as to what motivated me to keep posting and keep joining vc’s.

@dylan: You are the glue that holds everything together. From the Byte meet-up at your graduation (that I didn’t go to, but still), to your role as a moderator on the forums, to your leadership in the Byte Discord server, to your Bytes/videos that you put so much time and effort into, to all your activity/engagement that you have done for H4C and for Byte. Your passion constantly inspires me and everyone in this community, and we would have no different leader to represent us.

H4C: There’s no way I can mention all of you, but each of you have had some sort of impact on my life that I am grateful for. I’m couldn’t ask for a better group of people to be friends with.

You: I’ve had a lot of meaningful interactions with a lot of you not on Discord, like on Byte itself and Twitter, and I am appreciate every single one. Even if you’ve only observed me somewhere, thank you for being there to observe.

Ollie: I still bet you can’t even land an Ollie. I hope that Byte tattoo comes off with soap and water.

I wish Byte a great new beginning, and I wish it success with its new show-runners #hype for byte

Thank you,
@Ronan
(@/RonanMayock on Twitter)

11 Likes

Take care the best Ronan i know :sunglasses: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Love you Ronan this means a lot❤️

1 Like

I appreciate that so much Ronan :heart: you’re the bomb.com! I remember when you joined the server and I would stay up late vc’ing with you while I was trying to escape my very loud roommate. So thank you for keeping me company and making me destress from college. You also motivated me to make videos cuz I would get inspiration for my bytes from our convos and dumb jokes we’d make lmaoo. Also, “I attribute our early interactions as to what motivated me to keep posting”, I can’t believe I’m the one who made you funny! Without me, you wouldn’t be funny at all so thank you for giving me creds for that!!!

1 Like