My FilmRiot Short Film Entry - Feedback?

I just entered FilmRiot’s 1-minute film competition for the first time. I was hoping to get some feedback?
Love you, fam!

Heres the link:

9 Likes

This is dope!

2 Likes

Oooh kinda spooky. I like it.

1 Like

I interpret this as her having dissociative identity disorder or maybe she lost her child and is not coping well so in a hospital. “We dont want to see billy now again do we” suggest billy might be malicious or something when he takes over so it allows the viewers to speculate or imagine the rest for themselves. In a single minute I think you create tension and enough suggestions to keep viewers engaged. You leave it open to interpretation which allows the story to expand beyond one minute carrying on in each viewers imagination. Lighting is great, actors are believable in that they look related. It is good. If anything to improve, maybe it could use some texture or the atmosphere could better reflect the state of the characters mind in a more surreal fashion. Everything is a bit too clean so has a staged appearance. Maybe if the colors were duller and the rooms dusty and clothes were scuffed and their faces had subtle blemishes, etc…

3 Likes

Wait… I actually was so into it and you cut it at 1 minute? F the competition where’s my movie at???

5 Likes

i know right…

1 Like

Thank you so much rafiki!

This comment made me feel hella good. Thank you so much for the love! I actually did question if i could make this a feature but that would require a lot of money I don’t have at the moment lol I’m a broke no-budget filmmaker. But I will say it’s worth kickstarting one day maybe? Lol

2 Likes

Wow! I love your elaborate response and I love this kind of feedback. Funny story, many things you mentioned I considered for others interpretation. I was just thinking if I wanted to make this a mini feature, how I’d elaborate on that story and you said it, chief! Lol

1 Like

There’s some really solid points here. I agree 100 percent. Really fantastic job overall.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! :pray:t5:

1 Like