My feed algorithm feels like it struggles to show people I actively like

I love Byte, but I feel like as is, I’m having trouble seeing Bytes by creators I really love and engage the most - people I rebyte regularly, or comment on or comments on my own thing.

Often times, to get exposed to their stuff, I just wait until they engage with me, then I remember their account and go through their feed and a lot of times I’ll notice that there are 2-3 or more videos I missed.

Meanwhile, I’ll often see people who post or rebyte other bytes prolifically (which isn’t exactly bad, but also I feel like drowns out others). I really don’t like “for your consideration” posts, because I feel like most creators who are on the “top” of the feed aren’t really my type of content. It’s also really repetitive, I’ll scroll past user [XXXX] 100 times that’s given “for my consideration” and not really engage in their posts in any way and it still doens’t change these suggestions.

I feel like the community is why I like Byte and I understand the algo is really volatile right now, but also that I’m feeling a little more distant from the community than I did a week ago. (lol, such a long time)

This can also be a bias in which I was exposed to a lot of new users really quickly and had their entire library of stuff to look at and so the base of “quality” videos has naturally dwindled.

5 Likes

I agree.

4 Likes

I have been wondering if you have found your son.

5 Likes

Aaron, your bites show up often in my feed and I think I have liked all of them for whatever that is worth. They show up sometimes multiple times.

3 Likes

That’s the worst thing, I’ve been on every feed and still haven’t found my son

3 Likes

Aaron, you remind me of a couple of offline “tech” coding friends I have at Google.

I use “rebytes” as a way of “bookmarking” my favorite people. That is one option to consider.

2 Likes

True… I have Never found any of my posts on a of the feeds

2 Likes

I rarely see the latest byte from the people I follow, i care. Most of the byte are from someone else… and My byte videos rarely get the jackpot of the update algorithm. Oh well.

1 Like

Honestly, what I’ve been doing is just going to users I like who are in my general circle and going through their re-byte feed. It gets me close to what I want.