My blender animation journey ~ Shadowminer

Recently I thought I would just go ahead and take the leap out of my comfort zone and learn the final thing holding me back from being a good designer. So I have recently started picking up on learning blender animation to start learning how to be a better animator so I decided I would open up a topic as a blog/diary kind of thing and update you guys every now and then along my journey as I learn more things. I have all quarantine to do it so y not lol.

Come back here occasionally to see where I go.

5/5/2020
Spinning disc

Today I made a minimalistic spinning music disc! Or a plate… Use you imagination it spins tho! :slight_smile:

5/6/2020
The donut now has color and character. The donut is love the donut is life! It spins now! And it green! Donuts! :slight_smile:

Donut GIF-downsized_large

12 Likes

You paid for adobe? :eyes:

2 Likes

Nah dude Blender’s totally free
BUT it’s hands-down the best free animation software, it’s got a team dedicated to improving it constantly :blush:

4 Likes

ye creative cloud give me anything I need for a good price. But blender is totally 100% free. and its open source.

1 Like

Cool! Enjoy it!

1 Like

Any good learning resources you recommend?

1 Like

blender guru on yt. rn im learning how to make a donut.

7 Likes

update I just learned how to kinda make a donut.

1 Like

aye post the doughnut when its finished! looks very clean and sleek

1 Like

this look cool man. Looks like a frisbee to me

1 Like

Update 5/6/2020
The donut now has color and character. The donut is love the donut is life! It spins now! And it is green! Donuts! :slight_smile:

Donut GIF-downsized_large

9 Likes

How to fail on blender? What NOT to do on blender: I was on an ego trip and made this in blender awhile back: (this video was a very very very hard video to make and time consuming and too self centered. (Fail).

2 Likes

Blender is the best 3D software out there. Especially with the recent release of 2.8, the interface is easier to use as well now.
And thanks to people like Andrew Price, we can all have donuts now.

3 Likes

Update 5/7/2020

I made an NES controller spin. Not the best looking controller but I am proud of it. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

The donut looks delicious! Such a cool skill to learn :sunglasses:

2 Likes

update 5/7/2020 2:03pm est

I made a spinning cell phone then added some snazzy effects on giphy. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

update 5/8/2020

New forum / discord profile pic

New byte / twitter / insta profile pic

this is a really cool journey seeing you learn and venture into different fields

1 Like

Never seen a green donut before. U should put sprinkles on it. Rainbow.

1 Like