Music based

what are people’s opinions on what will happen with the music scene on this platform? #innovators

2 Likes

Hard to say but traditionally the platform has been comedy centered but there were a few people who got discovered through their singing videos so… there’s hope

2 Likes

hmm, i think it’ll be bigger on v2 than how it was on the original. people also do a mix between music & comedy (I’ll be one) so there’s a good balance. overall I think people who do music/sing have a good chance of getting more exposure on v2, than the original anyways.

3 Likes

itll be big for sure

3 Likes

If you mean like people getting their music out through v2, I’m all for it, I love seeing people rise from the bottom…

3 Likes

I think it’ll be similar to the one on Vine, with maybe some new stuff added. Maybe music and comedy could be fused together! curious about how this could be done in 6 seconds though.

1 Like

rats you said what i said before i said it(rats)

Hey guys, I agree with all of you; although, I’m truly convinced that while v2 will be first and foremost a comedy platform, different artists/genres will join (which in reality wouldn’t be a bad thing. generating traffic and revenue are key, as long as it’s coming from authentic people). I’m getting the sense that everyone on this forum understands the potential of v2. I’m super optimistic and super excited… how does everyone else feel?

Also since most people will be focused on trying to push out comedy-related content, the music scene won’t be as competitive which is not necessarily a bad thing for aspiring musicians…

2 Likes

Hey, music on the platform could blow up if you’re an amazing musician. Look at Shawn Mendes, went from 6 second videos of him playing his guitar to selling millions of albums, living in a mansion, being on TV, etc… Anything can happen :smiley:

3 Likes

honestly if you can gain a solid following on v2 just from music in 6 seconds, you can switch over to YouTube for longer videos. not to mention the audience on YouTube is bigger and you can gain even more supporters!

1 Like

really the same

all I know is I hope that people get noticed for their talent. I don’t have any thats why I hope others do for sure, because if I did I would want to put it out there, and I feel like v2 would be an amazing place to do it alongside others.

1 Like

I see a lot of musicians in the forum, i think that will be more music than :vine:

1 Like

I sing and play the piano, but honestly, I don’t think there’s much that I can do with music in 6 seconds unless it’s comedy-related, which is why that’s probably the route I would take.