Multiple accounts/easy switching

will v2 allow multiple accounts on one device and if so, will it be easy to switch between those accounts? (kinda like twitter and instagram) any opinions about this?

27 Likes

I think creators should have that option, some people may want to post a variety of different things, some viewers may want to see a different type of feed

5 Likes

my exact thoughts!!

3 Likes

Personally I don’t feel there is a need for multiple accounts on an app like V2. If you want a second account, fine make one, but they don’t need to make it easy to switch because I feel like most people will only use one account.

4 Likes

it would be great if they gave this option, you would have a main account and an alt account. this is something i would recommend to be in v2

5 Likes

Lol pretty hyped you did this thread instead of me, less notifications. I’m curious to see others thoughts on this since we share a similar view

4 Likes

this is a good idea, i would hope so

3 Likes

haha yeah! I’m glad most people are saying there should be an option for mult accounts bc I would love that

3 Likes

On the fence though. Could lead to a lot of spam accounts,

4 Likes

that’s true, maybe making a limit of three per account or so could solve some of the problem

3 Likes

Hate to compare it between other social media platforms, but Twitter and Instgram both. On both I utilize this because I don’t want most of my main account followers to have direct access to my memes pages and cover pages. It gives the creator control of what they share while also promoting them to create.

7 Likes

Idk this encourages a bunch of unethical ways of getting numbers too. Like what’s happening with Instagram

1 Like

I think this might enforce the idea of joining and using v2 for commercial purposes which I don’t think it should be about, I hope/want this app will be mainly about the community

1 Like

Yeah I was about to bring up that point, but it’s also good for people like me who want to experiment with making content without having people you’re familiar with watching it.

2 Likes

yes PLZ !

1 Like

you can argue this for most social media platforms. people are going to do it, might as well make the switching easy for the people that will create multiple accounts.

3 Likes

Yes this is something I wish snapchat had as I have a personal account and one for youtube so I dont get the spam mixed up, this would be useful on v2

1 Like

I would love that. You can have 1 account for comedy and have the other account for whatever.

2 Likes

This is needed for a simple reason:

If a certain content creator would like to post about a multitude of topics, they may want multiple accounts. For example, if I want to post content of my travels I’d like to use my personal account. If I’m also interested in posting videos about soccer, I may want another account to do so.

With that being said, it only makes sense to implement such a basic feature, it would save users A LOT of unnecessary hassle!

6 Likes

Multiple accounts would be good if you USE both accounts as a personal, business, or for different types of content, NOT as a spam account or to get more views/likes.

1 Like