More than 1 categories (If they’re fit for the it)

(Not sure if this is duplicate). I’m not sure if the creators decide on doing this or not but, when posting a byte, can you make it that you can post it into more than one category (maybe up to 3 or 5) because sometimes when I see byte videos, it could be used for more than 1 category.

3 Likes

This could lead to category abuse but it’s an interesting idea

7 Likes

Understandable but couldn’t people report it to have the category remove thats not related the video?

2 Likes

Yeah but that’d require byte to have a lottt more moderation, especially if everyone’s doing it

we shall see

3 Likes

A credit system could help keep it healthy, as long as it’s not corrupted. You know, they say some big creators on YouTube can do basically anything and get away with it, that’s not what I want here, obviously.
:grin:

So I’m at work and in the middle of thinking in order for people to have a video into more than one category, it’s should be an approval request. Example: a person makes a byte and they put it fo comedy and pet category, it should be a pending request to see if it is related to both topics. But then again, there will probably be thousands of people putting in requests so idk.

Not gonna lie I’ve felt the same way…
But lowkey I realised that’s just the creator in me wanting more likes and loops.

Multiple categories might hurt more than help…the Byte Team is small right now.

but the future is bright! we’ll see what improvements can come later.

4 Likes

This has been brought up before. Dom said it would lead to Category abuse, that it happened on vine. So it’s not going to be allowed

4 Likes

Ahh ok now I understand.

2 Likes

Sucks its not allowed my art animation bytes :tear:

2 Likes