Meaning behind the byte logo?

I couldn’t really see this discussed anywhere, besides discussions of old logo designs, but does anyone know what the byte logo of the square and circle represents? or does anyone have any theories? I feel like it’s pretty abstract, so would be cool to know what the symbolism is (if there is any) :eyes:

2 Likes

so for an actual meaning i’m not 100% sure on BUT before Byte was the whole vine 2.0 thing it used to already be an app (still called Byte and still by Dom) so the name and logo comes from there but idk where it originates from there though :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I saw it somewhere before… so it is out there

A camera for the square and the record button is the circle is all I can remember at this moment… could be a very good logo for a tattoo… :flushed: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Dom actually loves shapes. All shapes. All sizes. While trying to think of how to make vine for a 2nd time, he had great deal of writers block determining if byte should be the exact same app as vine. While stuck in this thought, he doodled. So many shapes. So many sizes. So much overlap. Until we ended up here.

4 Likes

Here

16 Likes

ahh a record button!! I didn’t think of that, it’s clever. for me, I saw it as an homage to vine (the square format, the colour, etc) but that the square represents a screen and then the circle is an infinite loop?

4 Likes

oh shit! so i was pretty spot on with my theory… :sunglasses: nice! thanks for this, I couldn’t find the answer.

3 Likes

On that note is this logo going to replace the current? I’m unsure if this is the final design or being used to pay homage to the BLM movement.

3 Likes

I feel like it’s just in solidarity of the BLM movement. I really love that the logo colour is customisable on your homepage, too. that’s next level stuff. I went with “vyte” for the feels :green_heart:

4 Likes

That would make a nice tattoo… :wink: :wink: @AIexander

I kinda like that the two shapes aren’t filled in, it makes it look a little more original.

1 Like

I love when people ask this question hahaha

2 Likes

That would be cool if we could use that one as an app icon :3

1 Like