Maybe the forum could use a "questions" or "help" section?

Just what the title says, it may be helpful to have a section specifically for asking questions, like if you’re trying to figure out certain app features or if you don’t understand what a certain category is for.

7 Likes

I actually like this idea

3 Likes

I think this is a good idea, too. A Help forum could keep all the posts where people have questions about how to use the app in one place rather than in General Discussion.

6 Likes

That’s one of the main reasons I suggested this actually, because ATM “general discussion” is probably the most appropriate place for this kind of stuff, but basic questions just add to how fast gen discussion moves and get buried themselves.

2 Likes

Thats good af have a spot w the most asked qs n a’s

Ain’t mean to tag Tom my B

1 Like

Maybe the mods can make this happen.

1 Like

q: is there any particular way to get the forum mods attention for stuff thats a direct request like this to ensure it gets seen? or is it just a “post and hope one of em notices it” thing? is there anyone in partic it would help to @ here or would that be more bothersome than anything?

1 Like

They see it :))

Tom brought up category use today in #experts with a mention of a Help, or Support category. We got a response for the category use issue, but nothing about the help/support category mention yet.

2 Likes

Gotcha! I just assumed that since this forum gets a ton of posts that some things may be missed, and i wasn’t sure if there was a non-annoying way to bump it to their view, but if they genuinely are reading everything even with the volume then hopefully they’ve already seen it and are deciding whether it’d be useful.

also i’m guessing #experts is a hidden forum just for people with high enough status on the forums?

1 Like

Correct; they have a private category. Experts are Trust Level 3 (TL3) on the forum which anyone can obtain automatically over a period of months of very helpful activity.

2 Likes

:nerd_face:

1 Like