MatcheD Betting in the UK

I’ve posted on multiple forums but I trust you guys and I figure you may be able to help…
So, I live in the US and in September I am going to the UK. When I’m in the UK, I’m going to do matched betting to make some money. Matched betting in a nutshell is betting on both possible outcomes of something so you end up always winning money (if calculated correctly). To do this, you must show that you have your name on something like an electric bill in the UK and that you have a bank there, so my question is this: How do I go about doing this?

1 Like

Idk, but I wouldn’t do it if you won’t have the money to be ok tomorrow. It’s 100% your choice but I hope it goes well for you.

1 Like

Maybe you can get a receipt or something?

1 Like

Thanks Breah :slight_smile: Maybe if V2 is out by then I can make a little series of it to show other people

1 Like

True! I’m going to call the companies I signed up with and try to get one

1 Like

For anyone that comes across this thread as it’s been necro’d:

I worked in a betting shop (I’m in the UK); long story short, you can’t as it would be fraudulent. You would be found out very quickly and all your winnings would be recovered from you, but that would be the least of your worries as criminal action could be taken against you. You need to be registered at a UK address to open an account with a UK bookmaker; most will never ask for a utility bill as proof of address and would generally only accept a UK driver’s license, bank statement, proof of electoral roll etc. Matched betting in and of itself is legal, but bookies are within their rights to close your account for it if you abuse the system and never place any legitimate bets.

Want my advice? Don’t do it. Slippery slope.