Massive problem

Not sure if you guys are aware of this. I recently saw a post by one of the members on this site. Telling others they can beta test the new features that are coming soon. So I tried using the app called TestFlight that they recommended others to use for Byte. But after using that on Byte. I now can not log in Byte. Every time I use my email that has an account with Byte. Its asking me to create a new username. As if I am starting all over again. I asked my Byte group members to check if my account is still on Byte. They said its there as normal. So that means this problem is the app it self not my account. If the Byte moderators knows a fix for this or anyone please let me know. I hope Dom does sees this and fixes this issue soon

This is the link to that post. By a moderator called Niko. I’m sure he wasn’t aware of this problem. But the link he gave to the TestFlight app for Byte. Has massive issues with it.

1 Like

what was the link?

1 Like

Ya that is a problem. Sorry you’re locked out for now but can anyone link the byte support email? Is it hello@byte.com?

I hope this gets resolved soon. That is a major pain in the butt. But no one is going to forget you between now and the time it’s fixed, so don’t stress!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Please try deleting and reinstalling the app. This should resolve the issue.

2 Likes

If you click this. And go down. You will see a moderator named Niko. He gave the link to the app called TestFlight for Byte

I have done that multiple times. Nothing is working

1 Like

Thanks man. I did panic thinking i’ve messed up or something. But realised it was only the app and not my account that got messed up

2 Likes

hmm, that appears to be the actual link that leads to the testflight. and testflight is apples official program for beta testing apps

1 Like

Yeah and when using it for Byte. It will lock out the user from logging into Byte

Btw the problem isn’t still fixed is there an email were I can contact someone to fix this problem?

Hello@byte.co I’m having the same problem with my sons and my back up accounts I’ve emailed a few days ago but heard nothing back

1 Like

@SkaiXMask Which authentication option are you using to login, e.g. Apple Sign-in, Google? Can you confirm that the authentication option you’re trying to login with is the same one you used to register your account?

4 Likes

@codebynight 100% I am using the exact same one (my gmail account). I made videos with this account. And I can not log in. In fact I cannot even make new accounts on the app. When I try using an existing account or try making a new account. It will always bring me to (Create a new @username page). And no matter what I write at that point I only get an error.

are you using your username at gmail dot com

2 Likes

@dom Hey Dom. The app started to work again randomly. What happened was. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the Byte app at the same time. But the problem was still there I couldn’t log in. So I uninstalled it again but this time I left it for 12 hours. Then I went back to the app store and downloaded Byte. I tried adding my email the same way as before and it logged me in. (I am using the iPhone 7 plus and Gmail for Byte.) I am not sure if the FlightTest is linked to this problem. But all this happened after I tried using FlightTest.

2 Likes

@Kerlanny Read this thread I had the same problem. I explain how my app got fixed

1 Like