Loss of motivation

For the last couple of weeks I have lost all my motivation (with my youtube channel) and Its starting to kill my channel. Does anyone have any tips on how to get re-motivated or any suggestions?

6 Likes

Do you have a link? I don’t know what you make, but I assume that it has something to do with what you post. Do you enjoy posting or feel like you have to?

6 Likes

Taking a break is always important. During a break you can reflect on what content you’ve made and if that’s still the content you enjoy making.

4 Likes

I used to make 2 videos a week but I stopped. I feel like taking a break is a good idea but im scared it will completely kill my channel.

1 Like

yeah i feel like if i dont post it will hurt my channel

2 Likes

It won’t completely kill your channel, but you may have a slight viewership loss due to how YouTube’s algorithm promotes videos from active channels. I didn’t post for a few months but other than a slight loss of views it hasn’t really impacted me too much.

5 Likes

Thanks! This helps

4 Likes

Go outside. As blunt as this sounds, traveling and meeting the byte fam kinda broke the curse of being bored lol explore

5 Likes

sounds like a good idea

2 Likes

the point of doing YouTube is that you enjoy it, don’t let views and stuff get you stressed. just have fun

3 Likes

Thats actually really true, I dont want to worry about the views but sometimes you get caught up and forget about why you started doing it in the first place. Thanks for reminding me!

3 Likes

This is how I be, I stopped making YouTube videos completely /: kinda wanna hop back in

4 Likes

whats your channel

Keep talking on the forums but take break from social media. It works

2 Likes

It’s okay to take a break. It will kill you if you don’t, especially if it’s draining and taking a lot out of you. Your channel won’t die, maybe rather when you make a comeback with a really good, well energised video after having psychologically healed you’ll be better off than you would be making mediocre content for a couple weeks when you’re exhausted.

Always take off mental health time for yourself. It’s important.

4 Likes

The whole “not suitable for advertisers” thing really messes with my motivation.
Like why is my platform trying to tell me what I am or am not? So I take breaks to destress.
I realized, after some soul searching, that I love what I do DESPITE all the B.S.
Hope that helps. :sweat_smile:it’s different for everybody…

4 Likes