Loopy for loops

With the up and coming changes to the future of loops on the app one wonders if the stats will go back to counting loops ?
It is my belief the little timer above the comments now counts seconds rather than loops?
Does this make our loops on bytes/ loops watched stats null & void & will this change back?
Maybe we could get a loop channel(requested in suggest a channel)
Thanks in advance team & obviously TLK whomever u may be.

1 Like

Why would the stats be null and void? It won’t change anything as far as the seconds watched or loops. Longer loops would just have a slight “hiccup” in them.

The change to seconds watched just closes the gap on comparing videos a little bit. A short video loop could easily get double/triple the loops as a longer loop when the time they were being watched wasn’t as great.

I’m still iffy on it but it’s not a huge change.

2 Likes

I’m sorry not sure I understand then @Beeshrine if it’s counting loops in the stats but seconds on the bytes how does it match up ?

By null & void I just mean should the stats not represent seconds rather than loops or am I just confused by the whole thing more than I ought to be ?

1 Like

Yeah your a little confused here and this convo got a little confusing. So essentially the way I see it the team is going to keep loops in the Star Analytics section and add seconds onto that as well so your Star Analytics will display Both Loops and Seconds but videos for now will just display seconds.

For now the Star analytics will be the only place to find Seconds and Loops and videos will display seconds only for now. But I would assume the Byte Team is working on a way for the videos to also eventually display both Seconds and Loops and the Star Analytics will display both Seconds and loops! Hope that cleared things up! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

loops are still used everywhere. for now, it seems like seconds are calculated on-device. semi-related, but I thought “loopy for loops” meant a clippy for byte kind of thing.

2 Likes

erm kinda thanks @Jacobshadowminer although I’m still a little confused on how they derived the loops in the star Analytics from seconds ? :flushed:

No I just meant I liked looking at my loops the seconds thing confuses me & I didn’t know what to call the post lol

1 Like

well the base seconds watched on how ever long ur video is 16, 8 etc. and it will go up by increments of that. The reason they wanna do seconds alongside loops is so people won’t be gaming the algorytm by making 2 second videos on purpose to get instant loops which then push them up easier.

2 Likes

now that makes sense to me!

1 Like

good haha I can be a bit technical at times but always try to help make things clear lol! But yeah that is what seconds are for and eventually, they will have them both displayed when they can fit them both in the same spot I would hope! :smile:

1 Like

Yeah let’s hope, I like my loops stat when they changed the videos to seconds I got really confused & thought the Analytic stat was canceled out.
Thanks @Jacobshadowminer :facepunch:

1 Like

Nah everything should be good stat-wise lol loops are still being counted as well as seconds now haha! I don’t think they will ever stray away from loops knowing them they just need to work seconds in smoothly. :slightly_smiling_face: I think they can do it!

1 Like

I misunderstood the original post. Sorry about that. Glad someone cleared up the confusion

1 Like