Loop preview incorrect

Hi, I saw a post from back in May that didn’t get much attention and didn’t seem to resolve. I’ve had this issue as long as I’ve had the app and it took me a long time to figure out what I was doing wrong with loops but today I discovered it’s the preview that is throwing me off.

The issue: when I select a video to upload to byte I trim it to what appears to be a perfect loop. However when I get to the caption/text screens it no longer loops because it gets extended by some period of time.

In my post today I compensated for this by making a loop shorter so that in the preview screen it would loop correctly, and the final product ended up being the short version that ALMOST loops. So as it turns out, the preview is just not an entirely accurate preview and the post will be what you specifically trimmed it to.

I did make example videos but I don’t know if I can post them here. Just let me know if you need more clarification. If it’s possible I think it would help me and a ton of creators avoid confusion if these pages matched instead of 1 of them being misleading

2 Likes